[6pack] TR6 Electric Cooling Fan

ed bratt at sasktel.net
Sun May 16 22:06:10 MDT 2010

Ronnie:

I was recently looking over some of the TR6 parts I have on hand, and picked
up a TR6 radiator from my spares pile.   It has had very little use, and I
was surpised at it's light weight, which alerted me to the fact that many
radiators currently in use in older cars are heavier than normal due to
accumulated scale.  These radiators have put on some weight consisting of
baked on minerals that partially plug the core of the radiator, and also act
as insulation which reduces heat conductivity.  So, your over heating
problem might not be entirely corrected by a new fan.  It might be time to
consider a radiator replacement or a thorough  cleaning of your current
radiator.

Ed Bratt
Regina, Saskatchewan
1976 TR6  and 1970 spares TR6