[6pack] Miss Off Idle

Michael Rankin mrankin.cox at cox.net
Wed May 12 22:06:28 MDT 2010

Cris -- the dashpot oil was mentioned.  Might want to try 20W-50 in the
dashpots which will be a bit thicker and resistive to movement of the damper
at first application of the throttle. The resistance to upward movement
enriches the mixture momentarily and hopefully will prevent the stumble off
idle.

Another thing to check is the temperature compensators are opening at near
the same time/temperature.  When they are cold the bypass air is blocked off
until the bimetalic band heats up and bends to unseat the conical rubber
seal.  When the conical rubber seal comes off its seat this allows more air
to pass around the throat and leans the mixture down a bit.  If they temp
compensators are opening up too soon it could be leaning out the mixture
before proper operating temperature is reached.  Good luck.

Take care,

Michael