[6pack] TR6 - 2500 RPM miss

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Wed May 12 12:46:22 MDT 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010, Dennis Culligan wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>

>> To the stumble, did you re-profile your distributor?
>
>> Are you SURE that the distributor doesn't have any other issues?
>

> Bob -
>
>  The dizzy was NOT re-profiled, and the Pertronix was installed
>
> years ago to address what appeared to be a slight wobble in the
>
> distributor shaft (getting the timing right was a nightmare until
>
> the Pertronix was installed).

Aha! I'd def. start with the distributor, then.

I had a heck of a time trying to get rid of a stumble years ago with a
similar setup to you and eventually just flat out replaced the distributor
and the problem was GONE.

This should be easy to do without dropping a lot of cash, especially if
you have acess to another distributor as you should be able to drop in
another dizzy and see if it works better (or not).

Along those lines, there's a great Car Craft article on how to chose the
right spark plug for your car and if you read the whole article and look
at the pix, it shows how to read them...

But I'd be looking at your dizzy first.

> Dennis

rml