[6pack] Security bolts

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Wed Jun 2 10:01:17 MDT 2010

	Kevin:

	Yeah, the security bolts are a pain. I had good luck using a Dremel to slot
the top of the bolts, and then backed them out with a stubby screwdriver. I
put the handle in a 6 point socket, and used the ratchet handle to get enough
leverage to pop them out.
	Did the same thing as you - used socket headed Allen screws as replacements.
They were metric threads on my 1974-1/2.
	Given the difficult access to the security bolts, it seemed redundant to me
that they were shear style bolts. No one is going to get to them easily in the
first place if they wish to steal the car. <sigh> our government protecting us
from ourselves, I guess.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832