[6pack] Carburetor problems?

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Tue Jun 1 09:33:03 MDT 2010

	John:

	The carb air valve dampers use a one way check valve to get the valve to rise
slowly, but fall quickly. When installing the caps on the carbs, there should
be a very noticeable resistance. Conversely, when removing the caps, they
should pull our relatively easily.
	Any chance the check valves on your dampers are bad? Also, what viscosity oil
are you using in the dashpots? Are your carb diaphragms free of tears and
pinholes (stretch them slightly to check)? I would expect a torn diaphragm to
make the car go rich, but check them anyway. Deceleration bypass valves
correctly adjusted? Temperature compensators properly adjusted?
	If your emissions equipment is removed, what did you do with the vacuum
retard on the dizzy? Is it connected to the proper vacuum port on the carbs,
bypassed, plugged or ?? Did you cap off any unused vacuum ports on the carbs?

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    http://www.triumphowners.com/832