[6pack] FW: cluster master cylinder question - should be CLUTCH master cylinder..

William McIntire william.mcintire at wright.edu
Tue Jul 6 15:53:00 MDT 2010

Dick - George - and All,

Your post jogged what little memory I have left.

Back in the early '60's like '62 maybe, TR3's developed similar problems as described here. Problem was the spring in the clutch master cylinders were breaking. Results, same problem as here. Was only one model year as I remember can't remember which one, apparently a metallurgical problem with springs.  We had to use VW beetle springs to repair as that was all that was available. Doubt if it is the problem here, but history has a tendency to repeat.

FWIW, hope it helps

Bill
'70 6 one owner