[6pack] Trunnion oiler

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Mon Jul 5 18:20:10 MDT 2010

At 05:25 PM 7/5/2010, John Phillips wrote:

>While I am at it, I think I found the answer to putting oil in trunnions.
>If you are looking, check out the link.
>
>http://www.drillspot.com/products/48085/Pressol_05222_Oiler

I used an oil can from Harbor Freight - similar to this one:

<http://www.harborfreight.com/8-oz-high-pressure-oiler-66350.html>

I put a grease hose and fitting on the end, and it worked OK for a
little while, but then the trigger folded up.  I suspect the 90-wt.
oil is reluctant to flow through it.  You might have found a better
oil can, but it doesn't like like it in that picture.

I've got one of these
<http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/lubrimatic-mini-grease-gun-allows-for-front-or-top-pipe-p-70618.html?ref=42>
, just waiting for a chance to clean the grease out and try it with
oil.  If it works, I'll buy another and have one for trunnions and
one for grease..

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354