[6pack] Triumph Travelers Autocross May 8, 2010

Andrew Packard apackard68 at att.net
Sun Jan 31 14:14:42 MST 2010

Hi listers:
I posted this notice on the forums, but wanted to make sure I hit the
listers, too.

Triumph Travelers in the SF Bay Area, will be hosting "Brutes and
Beauts: Vintage Autocross and Car Gathering" on Saturday, May 8, at
Great America Theme Park in Santa Clara, CA.  The event is a non-
competitive event for cars 25 years old and older and is targeted at
those novice or first time autocrossers to come out to an event that's
more about getting your cars out and running than the pure competition
of an autocross.  Triumph Travelers has committed to being the sole
workers for the event to allow participants to have a Car Gathering in
the corral to check out all the other cars that attend.  The event is
being sanctioned by Triumph Travelers, but we have a casual
partnership with the San Francisco SCCA who is lending us their
equipment and three volunteers to help with the planning and
execution.  If you're in the Bay Area, please come join us.  It will
be $35 each for 4-5 runs, depending on how many participants we have.
Triumph Travelers who are driving can do it for $25 per driver.

This will be our first of a hopefully inaugural event that brings
Triumph Travelers back to its roots in the sixties when we regularly
hosted autocrosses, rallies and hill climbs.  We host Triumphest every
five years, but don't have any other annual large event like many
other clubs.  If this catches on, it could perhaps become a multi-
event series each year and a great way for TTSCC to connect with the
car community and earn some money for some more ambitious plans in the
club.

Email me if anyone has questions.  We'll be sure to have plenty of
photos and try and get an article published in either 6pack or The
Vintage Triumph.

Andy Packard
CD6746L
Brutes and Beauts Event Chairman