[6pack] Body to frame pads

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 24 10:21:00 MDT 2009

Hi,

I just finished cleaning up the body mounting HW and was looking at the square
and trapezoidal  body mounting pads and noticed that there are steel pads as
well as the rubber pads. Never encountered this on my previous 3 and 4
restorations.

Looking at the TRF parts book, they list the parts but mention they are used
as shims for door alignment.

Well as you might have guessed, I have no idea of how many pads go on each
side since I have 3 rectangular (front) pads and only 1 trapezoidal rear pad.
The pads were removed last fall and I can't remember which are which.

Will it be trial and error when I go to install the doors or is there some
assumption I can make based on the list's experience?

Don't know if it matters but this is a late 1972 TR6.

Thanks,

Bob