[6pack] Where have all the platers gone? .....- Dubuque, Iowa AIH

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Fri Oct 16 09:40:14 MDT 2009

Since 'show' quality can involve intensive labor, some of this stuff slips
over the border to Mexico.

There is a plater in Dubuque, Iowa that does excellent production plating
for Harley Davidson et. al. but has retained 'one off' stuff in a little room
by itself.  I think the quote on my rather pristine TR3/TR4 Valve Cover was
somewhere between $200-300.

It is AIH and they are on Kerper BLVD in Dubuque, Iowa.  There are folks
that will not send there work anywhere else after doing business with them. If
I ever plate that Valve Cover of mine, I will go there.

It is flawless work and there is no concern about a fly by night operation.
The specialty stuff was where they started and they wanted to retain this
operation, but the cost of preparation is high. They say the plating is minor
by comparison.

Joe A