[6pack] TR-6 rear suspension rattles

wcwellbaum at cox.net wcwellbaum at cox.net
Mon Nov 30 08:34:02 MST 2009

Looking for some guidance here:  couple of years ago I installed the Blind Moose gas shock mod and almost immediately began to notice a rattling sound coming from the driver's side rear suspension.  Over time it has grown worse.  On smooth pavement--no problems.  On rough pavement--particularly brick or cobble stone roads it sounds as if the entire rear end of the car is ready to fall out.
Over the weekend I removed everything except the diff in an effort to find the cause of the rattle or banging.  The swing arm bushing are relatively new and tight.  All nuts were tight on the shock assembly and the half shafts.  Bolts from the flange to the diff were tight.  Everything is tight which leads me to think I may have a fracture some where.  I spent an hour yesterday looking for signs of a fracture but had no luck.
Can anyone out there describe for me where to look.  Does anyone have a photo showing where they encountered a fracture that sounded like a rattle on rough pavement?  I just don't know what else to look for.

Bill Wellbaum
Las Vegas