[6pack] Looking for advice on a washed out cylinder

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:41:54 MST 2009

Hi,

I'm sorry to say, I'm not completely up to speed on your problem, but if
you have webers DCOE's, I'd also check to make sure the aux venturi is
installed correctly. If those are flipped, the fuel can't run into the
airstream properly and the motor will be flat cause that cyl. is barely
firing.

But I'd still make sure the rings are okay on that hole. I mean - you're
"there" with the motor tear down. Yuo might as well verify what you have.

Re-reading the thread, it sounds like the motor is presently together and
in the car... If so, I'd do a leakdown test and verify blow-by and then
"go from there".

You could also have a cylinder that's "out of round" which can cause wierd
compression issues (e.g. the rings _can't_ seal).

regards,
rml