[6pack] rebuilt differential on Ebay

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Thu Nov 5 10:16:32 MST 2009

Bruce Simms wrote:
> A few days ago a rebuilt differential sold for about $525.00 on ebay.   Vendor
> was a shop in St. Louis that seems to be a regular ebayer.  We all want to get
> a deal, but, this seems a little too good.   The rebuild kit alone is $400.00
> from TRF I believe.  I recall looking at a Leyland shop times manual where a
> TR6 differential rebuild was allowed something like 10 hours.

True enough, but, if the guy is in the business, he's not paying retail
for the parts, but, rather, jobber prices, and is likely only replacing
the bits that actually require replacement.  As well, if one is just
rebuilding the diffs out of core stock, the shop time is going to be
much less (more like 3.5-4.0 hours) because there's no R&R required.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....