[6pack] rebuilt differential on Ebay

Bruce Simms brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 5 09:11:15 MST 2009

A few days ago a rebuilt differential sold for about $525.00 on ebay.   Vendor
was a shop in St. Louis that seems to be a regular ebayer.  We all want to get
a deal, but, this seems a little too good.   The rebuild kit alone is $400.00
from TRF I believe.  I recall looking at a Leyland shop times manual where a
TR6 differential rebuild was allowed something like 10 hours.

At some point I
guess I'm going to have to do something with my original differential.   I
don't have any special tools or knowledge for a re-build, so not sure how
practical the job is for tinkerers armed with regular tools and repair
manuals.

Thanks,

Bruce Simms
73 TR6