[6pack] Tire Selection for 205/70/15

fishplate at charter.net fishplate at charter.net
Wed Jun 24 11:57:14 MDT 2009

---- shawn loseke <shawn.loseke at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actualy a 195/65 is a smaller rolling diameter then the original. The
> original 185R15's had a sidewall closer to an 80 series so you have to
> plug in 185/80R15 into the tire size calculator. If you assume the
> sidewall to be a 70 series (185/70R15) then a 195/65R15 is closer.

Good point.  Does anyone know the widest tire you can ~safely~ put on a stock 15x5.5J rim?  Seems like that's the limiting factor.

I've got a set of redlines that still have tread left.  They have a date code of 1985, near as I can tell.  I'd hate to ruin my original paint job...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.