[6pack] Tire Selection for 205/70/15

Corbitt, Michael Michael_Corbitt at ous.edu
Wed Jun 24 10:32:06 MDT 2009

I'm getting ready to replace my 11 year old 185/70/15 tires on my 69.
I'm planning to replace them with a 205/70/15 on original steel rims.
Anybody know of any problems with running a 205 on the stock rims?

Tire selection seems to be limited for a 205/70/15.  Maybe someday I'll
buy a set of 16 inch wheels where the selection is much greater.

I'm looking for a fairly sticky set of tires and I'm not worried about
their mileage rating.  My 11 year old tires still look almost new.  I
have my eye on BF Goodrich TAs.  I've looked at some reviews on the web
that indicate the tires can be pretty noisy (of course, how big a
problem is this anyway on a TR6?).   I would be interested in knowing
what brand and series of  205/70/15 tires some of you run that you
particularly like.

Thanks.

Mike

Corvallis, OR