[6pack] TR6 Front Spring Compressor

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 10 17:54:24 MDT 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 10:38:27 am Bruce Simms wrote:
> Are there directions anywhere to make up a TR6 front spring compressor?
> What length of threaded rod is needed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce Simms
> 73 TR6
Bruce,

I made one with the following specs.

1/2 threaded steel rod  19"

Welded to a 1/8 inch thick  8 * 2 plate.

The plate finally started to bend when I started the work on the 6 so I added a
1 * 8 inch piece of angle iron to the bottom (back side) of the bottom plate.
This worked fine when I re-assembled the front suspension.

This tool has worked on my 3, 4 and now on my 6.

Tighten with the nut on the top against some very large (1.5") washers on the
top.

To prevent scratching a freshly painted spring pan, I use a section of 3/4"
plywood between the spring pan and the bottom plate.

Let me know and I can forward you a photo, but really there is nothing to it.

The plate and angle iron are attached to the rod with a strong braze. But I am
guessing you can attach the plate and angle iron with just a top and bottom
nut.

Bob