[6pack] Help with A-type OD wiring

osternd at copper.net osternd at copper.net
Wed Jun 10 11:12:46 MDT 2009

I'm  looking  for  someone that can help me out on getting some
information  about  TR6  A-type  overdrive  wiring - preferably
someone  who  has  an  earlier TR6 with the original A-type and
wiring.

A  little background: I've designed an overdrive controller (an
easy  to use module that locks the OD out after shifting out of
gear)  for my TR6 w/ J-type OD, and have been pretty happy with
it.  So,  I've decided to build a few of these modules and have
all  the details worked out for the J-type OD. However, since I
don't  have an A-type for reference, I need some information to
get me past the last design hurdle for this. Two questions:

1)  The  schematic  shows  a  yellow/green  wire connecting the
driver's  OD switch to the OD relay on the firewall. Looks like
there  is  an in-line bullet connector in-between. What I don't
know  is  where  the connector is. I assume it's under the dash
close  to  the steering column. The module would need to access
these two connections.

2)  With  my  J-type TR6, the OD wires route to the OD from the
passenger side of the transmission tunnel close to the firewall
(behind  the kidney panels). There should be a yellow wire with
in-line  bullet  connector  (for the OD inhibitor switch) along
with  a  green  wire  (reverse  lights) with bullet connectors.
Might also be a yellow/purple wire, but not sure -

Anybody  willing  to  get  their hands a little dirty and check
this out for me? You'd have my undying gratitude! :)

TIA

Dale O