[6pack] J-Type OD - Engaged Pressure

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Wed Jan 7 15:25:22 MST 2009

 	Mike:

	More likely your gauge is reading low from the sounds of it. Have you cross
checked your gauge with a known accurate one to verify the readings?
	Also, tap the gauge lightly when taking a reading, to insure that residual
friction is not holding the needle back. 20 PSI on your gauge is only 2 minor
divisions and conventional pressure gauges can easily stick by that amount
especially in the lower part of its range.
	Even if everything is correct, and you are slightly low on pressure, it
sounds pretty healthy to me.
	BTW, did you happen to check your sliding clutch member for wear? My OD
worked fine when it was cold, but slipped in reverse when hot. Turns out that
is symptomatic of a worn clutch. I measured the remaining friction material,
and it was at 0.040". As new is 0.100" thick. It would seem that the OD needs
a new clutch if you are at 0.040" or less. I would check BEFORE you put it
back in the car (unlike me). Doh!

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom