[6pack] TR6 heat '70

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Sat Jan 3 15:45:56 MST 2009

Bob---This is the way I think the early six, with a closeable cowl vent, heat/air distribution should work:

First, you are correct in where the warm air should go, when the control knob is pulled part way, and fully out.

On the early cars, with an outside air control flap on the cowl, it is necessary for this to be in an open position to get air to circulate thru the heater core. When this flap is closed, you will only be able to recirculate cabin air with the heater fan, which won't be as effective.

The "EYEBALL" vents, when working properly (felt seals in place) will allow the air to be directed to where you want it,

If the outside flap is closed, and these eyeball vents are closed, NO air should be moving about.

For hot water to circulate thru the heater core, the water control valve must be at least part way open. If full cable movement of this slide valve isn't possible, give the nod to being able to completely close it, rather than completely open it

Dick