[6pack] New Engine AUTOpsy

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Sep 8 13:41:36 MDT 2008

Kendall---In another post to you, I recommended a machine shop not too far from you.

I would agree with others who suggested that if the oil supply was good, the engine was probably misassembled. Either too tight, or with a backward cap. Caps are identified by matching numbers stamped on the block, or rod. The numbers should always be on the same side. This will align the "anti spin" feature, which normally would prevent a bearing from spinning when under duress.

The lack of oil to the rocker could be from a partially blocked passage in the cam bearing.

Dick