[6pack] the sad end of my triumph

Loriot, George George_Loriot at Brown.edu
Fri May 30 12:54:25 MDT 2008

Hi List,

A bad thing happened to my Tr6 this morning - the piece of the frame that
holds the upper A-arm fulcrum broke out of the frame and the fulcrum slammed
into the shock tower.  I was very lucky that it stopped there.  The car is/was
sorta driveable, but the right front wheel looks very bad.  I checked out the
frame and tower and they look very weak/thin/rusted, probably unweldable.  The
other side didn't break loose but the frame material doesn't look very robust.
I assume the only fix is a new frame - does that sound right?  That's not in
the cards for me.

So I've decided to sell the little baby after 8 years.  Any ideas where to
advertise and what it might be worth?  I'm in northern Vermont, car is 1976
with J-type OD, newish interior, newish top (robbins),  halogen headlights
(with relays), minilite wheels, pertronix ignition, has been very reliable and
runs good.  Stock engine, electic fan, 100K miles.

This list has been terrific for me over the years - thanks for all the help.

George Loriot