[6pack] Choke cable for SU carbs

Terry Geiger tgeiger at ShoalsBritishCars.org
Thu May 29 07:04:01 MDT 2008

Shannon,

I have Ex-Volvo HS6 SU carbs on my TR6.  My solution was to use a TR4 style
choke linkages.  The chokes are tied together using the TR4 style linkage
(provided by Joe Curto) and a single choke cable is used on one carb.  Since
the chokes are tied together, if you choke one carb you wind up choking both
carbs.  It works very well and engages/disengages cleanly. The choke cable
was sourced from an MGB (gasp).  I like the T handle design of the MGB choke
cable as it makes it easy to find in the dark.  I know I shouldn't be
driving a Lucas equipped vehicle after dark but I guess I'm the adventurous
type :^)

I'll take some pictures and put them up on the web site tonight.  Just go to
the "Geiger's Garage" section of the shoalsbritishcars.org web site (see
link below) and you'll see them there.

Terry Geiger
59 MGA Roadster~59 MGA Coupe~74 Triumph TR6~70 MGBGT~63 Triumph Herald~84
Mercedes 300D
www.ShoalsBritishCars.org