[6pack] Distributor new, but 28 degs in timing ?

richard olson nosto53 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 12:30:05 MDT 2008

I am trying to put my new dist in. (Jeff at AdvancedDistributors)
  I tested my 'old' dist (points and condenser) and my ign timing was 10deg. BTDC

  I took my old dist and pinch bolt out.
  Then I put the new dist at the same was the drive dog. (I think?).
  Put the new in ('Ignitor' Pertronix).

  New cap and rotor, new red/black wires.  Start car OK, 900rpm
  BUT... 3-4 mins, the RPM gone up to 2500rpm?

  I was testing the timing gun and the ign was 28deg?
  But went I used to old one - the deg was OK.

  Do I have a explanation for this?
  I am confusion.
  Is my drive dog OK - not in 180?

  RickO