[6pack] Tight/binding gearshift

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Sun May 18 12:55:15 MDT 2008

Pete---A few things come to mind here. One could be that the throw
limiter screw on the side of the gear shift needs tobe adjusted, so the
movement into first gear is directly forward, rather than catching a
corner.

The second is that the clutch (linkage) is in the early stages of not
allowing full disengagement.

Lastly would be first gear synchro is giving up.

If iit's reason #2, then reverse gear will soon be hard to engage.

Next time it won't go into first,  try second gear then up into first.
Not a fix, but a bandaide.

Dick

 From: pete_kronberg at yahoo.com(Pete Kronberg)

Hey Folks,
I've noticed this odd and intermittant problem w/ shifting into first.
Sometimes, when starting from dead stop, I cannot get the gear shifter
to budge! R <-> L, no problem, but moving up into 1st...nope. Brick
wall. Funny thing is, I roll a skosh one way or the other (good old
fashion body english- I weigh 255), and it slips into 1st nicely. No
trouble w/ the other gears while rolling...
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
Pete
CF38421U