[6pack] paranoid daily driver

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Tue May 13 15:08:27 MDT 2008

Joe, I'm guessing that more people die every year driving Volvo's than die in
Triumphs so clearly you are statistically safer driving a TR6.

My personal experience after hitting a Peugeot in downtown Geneva was that the
Pug was totaled (the whole front end collapsed) and the TR6 had a minor paint
chip on the leading edge of the bonnet. The combination of the bumper and the
bonnet was a like a simultaneous high and low tackle that the Pug was not
prepared for. I hit it so hard that I had to reverse off the front of his car
after everything stopped moving. The police kept asking where the other car
was, the one that hit the pug...

I'm sure there are scenarios where the TR6's lack of ABS and airbags etc will
be a liability but I also know that I drive much more defensively in the TR
than I do in the Sequoia and my biggest fear is getting rear-ended in the TR6
by someone nattering on a cell phone while I'm waiting at a traffic light. I'm
going to put an LED light bar on the roll bar to make me more visible.

Stan