[6pack] Clutch Master Cylinder diameters

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 06:54:08 MDT 2008

Interesting thread, but I don't quite follow the specs. The clutch on my 69
has always been very stiff, which after 20+ years I really like. The clutch on
my brother's 73 is almost (for lack of a better description) Toyota'ish. I
have difficulty getting my left leg to release his clutch because I'm so used
to mine.

So, is a 69 'suppose' to have such a stiff clutch because of this difference
in the bore? I've had both ends replaced but I have no idea what size I have.
If the .75's are rare, I'd be surprised if that's what I actually still have.

Sloane :)
69-Six> > Mike---You discovered why Triumph changed from the .75 to the .70,
that> is pushing more fluid takes more pedal pressure to activate the clutch.>
One of the tradeoffs for using the smaller bore is that there isn't much> room
for play in the pedal box linkage before the clutch won't> completely
disengage. This may be an area that you'll want to tighten up> before going
back to the .70 MC.> > There is also supposed to be different fittings for the
two MC output> pipes.> > Dick>