[6pack] It runs!

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Sun May 11 11:19:45 MDT 2008

Congratulations John!

Always amazing feedback with the noise of all cylinders firing.

I have one engine on the stand, scheduled for installation sometime this
summer.

Looking forward to it. This one may be the one that runs at Watkins Glen in
September.

Headwork & Intake Manifold done by 'Uncle Jack' in Geneseo, IL
Cam is custom formula by Larry Young in Tulsa, OK
Crank Scraper and Windage Tray by Ishihara-Johnson.
Velocity Stacks by Kas Kastner  mfgd by A.R.E.
Connecting Rods are aftermarket Chevrolet.
Flywheel, Heatshield, Engine Plate and other cool stuff by A.R.E.  :-)

I have not unpackaged the Plate sent back.

I did send a refund check.

Regards,

Joe

> My rebuilt engine is in the car and came to life immediately, runs
> like a top!   It's been a year in process, many lessons learned, but
> feels pretty good.    With the bottom end balanced, GP2 cam, alloy
> flywheel, and port work, it is very responsive, feels like it has
> lotsa pizzaz.   Idles well at 900, will try lower as I get the tuning
> completed.
>
> Thanks for all the help, couldn't have done it without you - wouldn't
> even have attempted it.   This list really keeps us mobile.
>
> John North

   </HTML>