[6pack] Hardtop Fix Question

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 10 09:46:14 MDT 2008

Listers:

I have hunted for the correct square nut that is mounted on the front header
of the hardtop (inside welded cage) to install the two front mounting bolts
with no luck. I even contacted a local fastener wholesaler who could get
them but I would need to order 3200.  That would probable be a supply for
every hardtop still out there!  I found a replacement 5/16 course thread
square nut from Ace hardware, but I don't want to use a non-stock bolt
(rounded top) for the install.  I have the 5/16 fine thread 6 sided nut.
Does anyone know a way to weld that to a square size frame???  Or, has
anyone made a square from steel stock of the correct dimensions and
thickness and drilled and tapped the right thread.  I really do not want to
install the course square nut and have two different mounting bolts.  Also
check with TRF and they do not have a supplier, but would be interested in
one if anyone knows one.

Thanks in advance!

Hardtopless in Orlando

Jim Henningsen