[6pack] new clutch flywhhel

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon May 5 15:13:46 MDT 2008

 	j.:

	The miracle clutch kit will do wonders for the feel of your
clutch, but it is not a guarantee of never having another problem. For
one, the dreaded fork pin can still break - so whatever you do I
recommend cross drilling and either pinning or bolting the fork to the
cross shaft.
	You can also have the infamous "digital clutch" where you get
little or no take up, and then suddenly BOOM the clutch is fully
released. This is due to the front cover on the tranny being rough, so
polish the front cover with emery cloth and use a dab of copper slip or
anti seize on the cover. Also, chamfer the inner lip of the bearing
carrier so that it cannot "dig in" on the front cover.
	As you can see, it is detailed preparation that makes for a
reliable clutch, rather than some magic kit. So whether you go stock or
Magic, make sure all the details are attended to when installing the
clutch. Also, always use a new bearing and replace the fork pin when
servicing the clutch.
	As for the flywheel, machining your stock flywheel is much
cheaper but not as high performance. I opted for machined rather than
aluminum, but that is because I am cheap.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast