[6pack] Wit's end!

triumph at 2simpleusa.com triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Mon May 5 12:05:24 MDT 2008

I think you have discovered the future of computing ... this is how we can overcome the limitations of Moore's Law ... the first non-electrical/electronic latch.  Just think how computing would advance if we didn't have to worry about electrons, spin, poloarity and all those other matters than complicate nanoscale electronics ... we just use Lucas electrical principles and everything is solved, with the added bonus that we can trap smoke in any wires that happen to be around for later distribution when we want some excitement!

On the actual problem front ... although a relay is supposed to be an electrically energised switch, some relays will act as a latch when the current passed is sufficient to generate a maganetic field strong to hold the relay closed.  I have seen this phenomenon at work in voltage regulators and in pinball machines but not in TR6's so you still might have an invention that will make you millions ....

Tony Gordon
72 TR6