[6pack] trailing arm studs

Navarrette, Vance vance.navarrette at intel.com
Mon May 5 09:50:43 MDT 2008

	Phil:

	No need to buy a special drill bit. I have a drill bit set that
goes in 1/64" (1/16 through 3/8) and I just use the closest undersize
drill that I have. Aluminum is so soft that the tap will remove any
excess metal for you. What I often find is that if I have pulled the
threads out and need to repair them, the stripped hole is so close to
the correct size that I can simply run the heli-coil tap in without
drilling at all.
	Yes, it is ghetto repair work at its finest, no I have not had
any problems with it.

	Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom