[6pack] [TR] Blank Window Sticker

Gary Fluke gary.fluke at verizon.net
Fri May 2 17:49:20 MDT 2008

Jon,

The more the merrier, I say.  The first sports car I drove was an MGA and it
was a thrill for a sixteen-year-old who had lived and breathed sports cars
for the previous four years.  Not a lot of power, but the gearbox was a
snick-snick affair and the sound was delightful.  This particular example
felt like the whole thing was of one piece and the steering was light and
fast.  The interior had the wonderful aroma of leather, and maybe eau d'oil
as well.

Come to think of it, the first sports car I ever noticed was the red MGA of
my much older sister's fianci that was parked out in front of our house.
This was on a summer day in the nineteen fifties, and he had the tonneau
cover in place over the passenger's side so that the concentration of exotic
leather smell wafting from the open driver's side was overwhelming.  While
sitting on my bicycle seat and peering inside, I recall thinking that this
vehicle was about as foreign, and obtainable, as a spaceship.  Jon, I'm glad
you mentioned the MG's.

Gary
'73