[6pack] SU choke linkage

Jimandruthhome at aol.com Jimandruthhome at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 14:30:57 MDT 2008

Hi Bruce,
I have had SU's on my '71 for many years.  They were off a Volvo if  memory
serves.  The chokes were linked with a short rod and two fittings,  one at each
end, that provided little arms to engage the choke levers on the  carbs.  I
later installed a set for a friend.  His carbs did not  have the choke linkage,
but it was fairly easy to make one up.

With the chokes linked, you only need to run one cable to the rear  choke.
If you use the stock cable you can coil the other cable up  (loosely) and leave
under the dash and have a spare ready to go.

If you think it would be useful to you, I can send a picture of my setup
with "official" SU linkage.  Unfortunately my friend moved away and so I  can't
provide a picture of the linkage I made for him.

Jim Knight