[6pack] Tranny tunnel side cover

David Friedlander forzion at maine.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 18:44:09 MDT 2008

Hey folks;

I'm about to install new carpeting over my molded plastic tranny cover
and I realize I haven't provided myself any easy access to the right
angle speedo or the A-overdrive service access points.  In the Roger
Williams "How to Restore....." book, page 105 shows  a cover plate
screwed to the side of the tranny tunnel for easier A-overdrive/speedo
drive access. I have tried to fashion my own cover plate, realizing it
doesn't need to be anything fancy -- but, it ought to fit well enough to
screw to the tranny cover. Sigh.... I am no metalsmith. Anyone know
where such a cover plate can be had?  Certainly, the Big 3 have nothing
to offer. Anyone able to offer assistance/advice?

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

Dave '74 Six