[6pack] Looking for old TR6 water pump

dmo osternd at copper.net
Sun Jun 8 06:11:06 MDT 2008

Before I buy a new WP, thought I'd ping the list to see if anyone had an
old (early style) water pump that was destined for the trash bin.

The PO of my Mk3 GT6 installed what looks to be a fairly new Spitfire
water pump.  Unfortunately, not only is the pulley larger than the GT6
pump, it also stands proud of the crank pulley causing the belt to be
skewed.  I was able to press the old pulley off, and was hoping to find
a TR6/GT6 pulley to replace it with.  The bolt on pulley won't work
(already tried that), so it needs to be the press-on type from '69 - '74
(?).  On top of that, the alternator pulley is 2.5" instead of 2.75".
Might not be a big deal, but the new belt I bought won't fit w/o
changing it.  Guess it's a stretch to think I can find one of those
laying around?  Using the smaller pulley would cause the alternator to
run higher RPMs.  By doing that, am I looking at damage to bearings, or
perhaps overdriving the regulator?

TIA!

Dale O