[6pack] Toothed fan belts

Foster, Stan stan.foster at hp.com
Fri Jun 6 11:55:59 MDT 2008

While shopping for a fan belt yesterday I found the only style I can buy
locally has an inner  surface apparently designed by Toblerone. My original
belt is just a solid belt. The reason I'm looking for a new belt is because as
part of this last winters overhaul I installed a higher output Bosch
alternator (the famous 55Amp Ford Fiesta alternator) and the alternator really
needs a longer belt to get it away from number 1 plug.

Are these toothed belts designed for a different application or are they ok to
use to drive the water pump and alternator (I have no mechanical fan)  ?.

Stan