[6pack] Fun

John Summers rivers2hills at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 19:26:44 MDT 2008

6/3/08
Fellow TR folk.  It's been a while since you've heard
from me.  Why?

  Because the last four  months have been the most fun
I've had with my TR6 since I got it in '98.  The
addition of Weber DGV carbs. have been a great
addition,  The car starts - like it should - runs
almost like a real car.  I.E. starts and runs over and
over without much worry. It gives the impression of
acceleration with sound and fury.  Either because of
my heavy foot, or the carbs mileage is DOWN and gas
prices are up, but it's still fun. Unfortunately here
in Jacksonville EVERY road is straight and with the
traffic you can't get out of 3rd. gear except on the
interstate.
 Needs a paint job and I can't afford a decent one.
What can you tell me about the cheapo paint job
places,,,,,I know,,,you get what you pay for.  Unless
Donald Trump's plane falls on my house I won't have
the money to get it done right.  (Of course if it did
the car and I would be destroyed:)   Problem is that
in places the paint is gone clear down to the primer.
Yes, there is a rust spot behind the passenger side
front fender, now large enough to fit your foot
through.  Such is life, right now.   Even the black
paint on the back beside the tag is starting to flake
off.
It was never my intention to turn the clock back to
1974 though I have had dreams of engines and
transmissions.  That will have to wait.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if I can keep it
running another 15+ years I should just be happy if it
falls apart when my body does.  My body may go before
that:))  In which case one of my sons can fight the
IRS for it:)
Paint ideas?  It is French blue now like ,,,,ohhh,
what's his name up in Canada,,,you know, the great
looking one with the Union Jack on the back of it:)
I'd like to paint it dark blue and paint wide gold (or
yellow) stripes on the hood and trunk.  I can dream.
My yellow turbo mirrors(like the black ones in Moss
for 80 bucks) wore out.  Who can account for taste
Anyway.
John Summers
'74
Jax Florida