[6pack] Head studs

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Apr 14 12:51:54 MDT 2008

 Stan---If the engine is out of the car, I install all  or most of the
studs first, drop in the gasket, then set the head into place.
If the engine is in place, I install only the four corner studs to
position the gasket. Then drop in the head and put in the rest of the
studs. First, to make it easier on the back, a couple of 2x2s span
across the block/gasket to the (padded) fenders, and the head is slid
across into position. Manuvering the head over the studs, then sliding
out the 2x2s does the trick.

Dick

From: stan.foster at hp.com(Foster, Stan)

Thanks Dick, I assume you install the head in between these two steps..

This makes sense and is consistent with other replies. My deck has been
zero blocked so I need to double check that the studs don't bottom out.
Stan