Subject: [Healeys] Tires

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2026 07:59:59 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5999484340552918198==
 boundary="------------wWGq7Wcayf6msXCoyPuT0hGN"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------wWGq7Wcayf6msXCoyPuT0hGN
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

List has been a bit moribund lately so I thought maybe I'd try to start 
some controversy.

I run Vredestein tires on both my Healeys; the BN2 from relatively 
recently to having gone through several sets for my BJ8 over the 
decades. I was somewhat surprised to see Vredestein mentioned favorably 
with some of the 'biggees,' as I'd always thought of them as a 'niche' 
supplier (but I had heard the GM for Vred in the US was a Healey fan and 
one of their brochures featured a BJ8 on the cover). I've always been 
happy with their performance and longevity, and they supplied tires in 
some of the less common sizes (185/70R-15 for the BJ8; 165s for the BN2).

The CR article cited is behind a paywall:

/"The very top of the winter-snow table has Bridgestone, Michelin, 
Nokian, and Vredestein as the most satisfying brands to own, and those 
latter three brands dominate the summer tires category, too."/

https://www.jalopnik.com/2085748/tire-brand-with-worst-owner-satisfaction-consumer-reports/ 

--------------wWGq7Wcayf6msXCoyPuT0hGN
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    List has been a bit moribund lately so I thought maybe I'd try to
    start some controversy.<br>
    <br>
    I run Vredestein tires on both my Healeys; the BN2 from relatively
    recently to having gone through several sets for my BJ8 over the
    decades. I was somewhat surprised to see Vredestein mentioned
    favorably with some of the 'biggees,' as I'd always thought of them
    as a 'niche' supplier (but I had heard the GM for Vred in the US was
    a Healey fan and one of their brochures featured a BJ8 on the
    cover). I've always been happy with their performance and longevity,
    and they supplied tires in some of the less common sizes (185/70R-15
    for the BJ8; 165s for the BN2).<br>
    <br>
    The CR article cited is behind a paywall:<br>
    <br>
    <i>"The very top of the winter-snow table has Bridgestone, Michelin,
      Nokian, and Vredestein as the most satisfying brands to own, and
      those latter three brands dominate the summer tires category,
      too."</i><br>
    <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.jalopnik.com/2085748/tire-brand-with-worst-owner-satisfaction-consumer-reports/">https://www.jalopnik.com/2085748/tire-brand-with-worst-owner-satisfaction-consumer-reports/</a>
  </body>
</html>

--------------wWGq7Wcayf6msXCoyPuT0hGN--

--===============5999484340552918198==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5999484340552918198==--