Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield glass installation

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2026 17:02:34 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1272011547315517697==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0132_01DC9465.BA266B40"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0132_01DC9465.BA266B40
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Michael,

=20

No experience with the urethane, but regarding original type rubber seal =
I have had great success with mine in the BT7.  Rich Chrysler installed =
mine about 18 (??) years ago.  I am quite positive he sourced it from =
Spaenaur in Kitchener.  I seem to remember doing it with him and him =
remarking that there is not a lot of working time with it as the oil =
works on the seal quite quickly and there are all the fussy corner =
pieces in the Healy frame to get right.  Anyhow, it got done and not a =
problem since.

=20

Best, Mirek

=20

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael =
Salter
Sent: February 2, 2026 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Windshield glass installation

=20

The windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was "set" into =
the frame using a product called Everseal.

This is apparently an unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with engine =
oil swells and is meant to keep the glass tight in the frame.

I haven't had the best of luck with this stuff and have found that after =
a few years it tends to dry out and the glass comes loose in the frame, =
particularly on quarter windows as in BJ8's and MGB's.

I'm contemplating using urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2 =
windshield.

Anyone have experience with this?

=20

M=20

------=_NextPart_000_0132_01DC9465.BA266B40
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:DontUseAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseJustificationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
<w:DontUseHyphenationAdvancedTypographyReadingMail/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'>Hi Michael,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'>No experience with the urethane, but regarding original =
type rubber seal I have had great success with mine in the BT7.=C2=A0 =
Rich Chrysler installed mine about 18 (??) years ago.=C2=A0 I am quite =
positive he sourced it from Spaenaur in Kitchener.=C2=A0 I seem to =
remember doing it with him and him remarking that there is not a lot of =
working time with it as the oil works on the seal quite quickly and =
there are all the fussy corner pieces in the Healy frame to get =
right.=C2=A0 Anyhow, it got done and not a problem =
since.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'>Best, Mirek<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-la=
nguage:EN-US'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael =
Salter<br><b>Sent:</b> February 2, 2026 4:45 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Windshield glass =
installation<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>The =
windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was &quot;set&quot; =
into the frame using a product called =
Everseal.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>This is apparently an =
unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with engine oil swells and is =
meant to keep the glass tight in the =
frame.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I haven't had the best of luck =
with this stuff and have found that after a few years it tends to dry =
out and the glass comes loose in the frame, particularly on =
quarter&nbsp;windows as in BJ8's and =
MGB's.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I'm contemplating using =
urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2 =
windshield.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Anyone have experience with =
this?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></di=
v><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>M&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p></d=
iv></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0132_01DC9465.BA266B40--

--===============1272011547315517697==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1272011547315517697==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2026 22:16:16 +0000

--===============8495560518672754996==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_PH7PR06MB92445A92F53FD5F03E571CB6A19AAPH7PR06MB9244namp_"

--_000_PH7PR06MB92445A92F53FD5F03E571CB6A19AAPH7PR06MB9244namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks Mirek, unfortunately Spaenaur no longer carry it in the thickness re=
quired. The stuff I have purchased only swells about 0.004" after soaking i=
n oil overnight,  I'm wondering if there's something wrong with it.

M

________________________________
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2026 5:02:34 PM
To: 'Michael Salter' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <hea=
[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Healeys] Windshield glass installation

Hi Michael,

No experience with the urethane, but regarding original type rubber seal I =
have had great success with mine in the BT7.  Rich Chrysler installed mine =
about 18 (??) years ago.  I am quite positive he sourced it from Spaenaur i=
n Kitchener.  I seem to remember doing it with him and him remarking that t=
here is not a lot of working time with it as the oil works on the seal quit=
e quickly and there are all the fussy corner pieces in the Healy frame to g=
et right.  Anyhow, it got done and not a problem since.

Best, Mirek

From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Michael Salter
Sent: February 2, 2026 4:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Windshield glass installation

The windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was "set" into the=
 frame using a product called Everseal.

This is apparently an unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with engine oi=
l swells and is meant to keep the glass tight in the frame.

I haven't had the best of luck with this stuff and have found that after a =
few years it tends to dry out and the glass comes loose in the frame, parti=
cularly on quarter windows as in BJ8's and MGB's.

I'm contemplating using urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2 windshiel=
d.

M

--_000_PH7PR06MB92445A92F53FD5F03E571CB6A19AAPH7PR06MB9244namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
Thanks Mirek, unfortunately Spaenaur no longer carry it in the thickness re=
quired. The stuff I have purchased only swells about 0.004&quot; after soak=
ing in oil overnight,&nbsp; I'm wondering if there's something wrong with i=
t.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
M</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-body-separator-line" data-applydefaultfontstyl=
es=3D"true" dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, =
-apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<br>
</div>
</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature" dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family: =
Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-s=
erif; font-size: 12pt;">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<br>
</div>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> [email-masked]=
a &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 2, 2026 5:02:34 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> 'Michael Salter' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; healeys@autox.=
team.net &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> RE: [Healeys] Windshield glass installation</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<style>
<!--
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math"}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos}
p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif}
span.x_EmailStyle18
	{font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext}
.x_MsoChpDefault
	{font-size:11.0pt}
@page WordSection1
	{margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt}
div.x_WordSection1
	{}
-->
</style>
<div lang=3D"EN-CA" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" style=3D"word-wrap:break=
-word">
<div class=3D"x_WordSection1">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">Hi Michael,</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">No experience with the urethane, but regarding o=
riginal type rubber seal I have had great success with mine in the BT7.&nbs=
p; Rich Chrysler installed mine about 18 (??) years
 ago.&nbsp; I am quite positive he sourced it from Spaenaur in Kitchener.&n=
bsp; I seem to remember doing it with him and him remarking that there is n=
ot a lot of working time with it as the oil works on the seal quite quickly=
 and there are all the fussy corner pieces
 in the Healy frame to get right.&nbsp; Anyhow, it got done and not a probl=
em since.</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">Best, Mirek</span></p>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot=
;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">&nbsp;</span></p>
<div style=3D"border:none; border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding:3.0pt 0c=
m 0cm 0cm">
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><b><span lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;=
 font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif">From:</span></b><span lang=3D"=
EN-US" style=3D"font-size:11.0pt; font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-seri=
f"> Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
<b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael Salter<br>
<b>Sent:</b> February 2, 2026 4:45 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Windshield glass installation</span></p>
</div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>
<div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">The windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was &quot;s=
et&quot; into the frame using a product called Everseal.</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">This is apparently an unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with en=
gine oil swells and is meant to keep the glass tight in the frame.</span></=
p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">I haven't had the best of luck with this stuff and have found that a=
fter a few years it tends to dry out and the glass comes loose in the frame=
, particularly on quarter&nbsp;windows as in BJ8's
 and MGB's.</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">I'm contemplating using urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2 wi=
ndshield.</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">Anyone have experience with this?</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">&nbsp;</span></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3D"x_MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-=
serif">M&nbsp;</span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_PH7PR06MB92445A92F53FD5F03E571CB6A19AAPH7PR06MB9244namp_--

--===============8495560518672754996==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8495560518672754996==--

---

From: Bob Spidell via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2026 15:15:08 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2733662673317210478==
 boundary="------------rGkn8vSfe0Q380B1QPiHnh70"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------rGkn8vSfe0Q380B1QPiHnh70
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Michael,

It's been a couple decades, but I faced the same issue on my BJ8's side 
windows. Maybe it wasn't Everseal, but it was  the sticky rubber, meant 
to be 'activated' by motor oil (supplied by 'the usual suspect'). Long 
story short, it didn't hold (I think I still have a roll of the stuff in 
my parts bin). I eventually used a sealant--mostly likely Permatex Black 
Sealant/Adhesive, an RTV, my usual go to--and it has held up all this 
time. My concern is getting the glass out if I need to; I'm not sure 
what solvent would work on RTV (acetone maybe). If you use just the 
right amount you will squeeze a bit of excess above the channel and can 
trim it flush--or angled--with a razor after it sets; being careful not 
to score the glass.

Bob

On 2/2/2026 1:44 PM, Michael Salter wrote:
> The windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was "set" 
> into the frame using a product called Everseal.
> This is apparently an unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with 
> engine oil swells and is meant to keep the glass tight in the frame.
> I haven't had the best of luck with this stuff and have found that 
> after a few years it tends to dry out and the glass comes loose in the 
> frame, particularly on quarter windows as in BJ8's and MGB's.
> I'm contemplating using urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2 
> windshield.
--------------rGkn8vSfe0Q380B1QPiHnh70
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Hi Michael,<br>
    <br>
    It's been a couple decades, but I faced the same issue on my BJ8's
    side windows. Maybe it wasn't Everseal, but it was  the sticky
    rubber, meant to be 'activated' by motor oil (supplied by 'the usual
    suspect'). Long story short, it didn't hold (I think I still have a
    roll of the stuff in my parts bin). I eventually used a
    sealant--mostly likely Permatex Black Sealant/Adhesive, an RTV, my
    usual go to--and it has held up all this time. My concern is getting
    the glass out if I need to; I'm not sure what solvent would work on
    RTV (acetone maybe). If you use just the right amount you will
    squeeze a bit of excess above the channel and can trim it flush--or
    angled--with a razor after it sets; being careful not to score the
    glass.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/2/2026 1:44 PM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAB3i7LL0KADn0pgd3wL7=4w=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">The
          windshield glass on all Big Healeys prior to the BJ7 was "set"
          into the frame using a product called Everseal.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">This is
          apparently an unvulcanized rubber which, when coated with
          engine oil swells and is meant to keep the glass tight in the
          frame.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">I haven't
          had the best of luck with this stuff and have found that after
          a few years it tends to dry out and the glass comes loose in
          the frame, particularly on quarter windows as in BJ8's and
          MGB's.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">I'm
          contemplating using urethane glass setting adhesive on my BN2
          windshield.</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">Anyone
          have experience with this?</div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
        </div>
        <div class="gmail_default"
          style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:small">M </div>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------rGkn8vSfe0Q380B1QPiHnh70--

--===============2733662673317210478==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2733662673317210478==--