Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2026 22:53:01 +0000 grraWKum4tf9tZFxwT3df2+Ulho4whzJVunUiwzOeLh36yathDY2yZPEvDEURV+kYlhng2cb3Xk4zQqEIURkg46pUpkg1DjL8/caOXEf7S76smfBC21QjbPM /DWW0z/91wTcUU0YEx2txw==

--===============1437769141493955888==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Yes, and BJ8s could be locked/released the same way. If passenger side=
 was key locked, it can be "unlocked" from inside the car. Bob's most =
interesting comment that the handles came from a Jowett goes directly to =
the British auto industry's frugality in using left over components on =
other models. (i.e.: Morris,TR3 and Sprite taillights are identical. =
Hank<br>-------------------- <br><br>From: "Michael Salter" &lt;michael.=
[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "Stanley Lowery" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: February 1, 2026 at 2:15 PM PST =
<br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11 </div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, =
Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, =
33);">As I recall the 100/6s with the locking door handle on one side had a=
 small lever on the inside door handle of the other side which permitted =
locking that side&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, =
Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);">&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, =
Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, =
33);">M</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-body-separator-line" =
style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Roboto, =
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<div style=3D"font-family:=
 Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, =
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div =
id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-signature" style=3D"font-family: Aptos, =
Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt;">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, =
-apple-system, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: =
12pt;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display: inline-block; width: =
98%;">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg"><strong>From:</strong> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Stanley Lowery via =
Healeys &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><strong>Sent:</strong> Sunday, =
February 1, 2026 1:46:56 PM<br><strong>To:</strong> [email-masked] =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><strong>Subject:</strong> Re: [Healeys] =
Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos,=
Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0,0,0);">Message 1</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos,=
Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0,0,0);">&nbsp;</div>
<div =
class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,=
Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: =
rgb(0,0,0);">I seem to remember the early&nbsp; sixes having a&nbsp; lock =
on the drivers side door.&nbsp; This seems to&nbsp; be&nbsp; a waste except=
 for the people to stupit to&nbsp; go the other side of the car.</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos,=
Aptos_EmbeddedFont,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0,0,0);">&nbsp;</div>
<div =
class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Aptos,Aptos_EmbeddedFont,=
Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: =
rgb(0,0,0);">Roger</div>
<div id=3D"x_appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display: inline-block; width: 98%;">
<div =
id=3D"x_divRplyFwdMsg"><strong>From:</strong> Healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of healeys-request@autox.=
team.net &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><strong>Sent:</strong> =
Saturday, January 31, 2026 2:00 PM<br><strong>To:</strong> healeys@autox.=
team.net &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><strong>Subject:</strong> =
Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_BodyFragment">
<div class=3D"x_PlainText">Send Healeys =
mailing list submissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
[email-masked]<br><br>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World =
Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>or, via email, send a message with =
subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
[email-masked]<br><br>You can reach the person managing the=
 list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; healeys-owner@autox.=
team.net<br><br>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more =
specific<br>than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."<br><br><br>Today's =
Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Lockable door on BJ7 (Leonard =
Berkowitz)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: Lockable door on BJ7 =
(HealeyRick)<br><br><br>---------------------------------------------------=
-------------------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2026 23:07:57 =
+0000<br>From: Leonard Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: =
"[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: =
[Healeys] Lockable door on BJ7<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;DM3PR08MB91918732066ACDD7030825F3B89FA@DM3PR08MB9191.=
namprd08.prod.outlook.com&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 <br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"windows-1252"<br><br>My BJ7, =
which I have owned since 1984,&nbsp; had lockable door handles with push =
buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had the original =
door handles reinstalled. I was told that the push buttons were wrong and I=
 wanted my car to be more original. If I remember correctly the conversion =
was not a major big deal.<br><br>Len Berkowitz<br>-------------- next part =
--------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260130/564ad5=
7e/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments=
/20260130/564ad57e/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br><br>---------------------=
---------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2026 11:49:50 =
-0500<br>From: HealeyRick &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: Leonard =
Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: "[email-masked]" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lockable door on =
BJ7<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&lt;[email-masked].=
com&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Lockable =
doors don't seem to be much of a theft deterrent. Having lived in<br>Boston=
 for many years in the age of British sports cars, I saw plenty =
with<br>broken vent windows or slashed convertible tops that defeated =
locked doors.<br>Maybe putting a tracker in the car and an ignition cutoff =
might be more<br>effective<br><br>On Fri, Jan 30, 2026 at 7:38?PM Leonard =
Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>wrote:<br><br>&gt; My BJ7, =
which I have owned since 1984,&nbsp; had lockable door handles with<br>&gt;=
 push buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had =
the<br>&gt; original door handles reinstalled. I was told that the push =
buttons were<br>&gt; wrong and I wanted my car to be more original. If I =
remember correctly the<br>&gt; conversion was not a major big deal.=
<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Len Berkowitz<br>&gt; ____________________________________=
___________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.=
html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Suggested annual =
donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.=
net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><br>&gt; <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.=
net/archive/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt=
; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik@gmail.=
com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik@gmail.=
com</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An =
HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.=
net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260131/f27b9751/attachment-0001.=
htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260131/f27b9751/=
attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Su=
bject: Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________=
<br>Healeys mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>archives:&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.=
net/archive</a><br><br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of=
 Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11<br>**************************************=
*</div>
</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

--===============1437769141493955888==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1437769141493955888==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2026 23:04:29 +0000

--===============1439734655285439070==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CH3SPRMB0006AC206FA70D1653F405E3A19DACH3SPRMB0006namprd_"

--_000_CH3SPRMB0006AC206FA70D1653F405E3A19DACH3SPRMB0006namprd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I'm not sure that  "using up left over" is actually realistic.  The handles=
 and many of the "fixtures" were manufactured by Wilmot Breeden a huge comp=
any who made such parts for many manufacturers.
The British car industry of the day was actually massive, much bigger than =
your average American's concept of it being something akin to a cottage ind=
ustry.
I would think that it's much more likely that WB had a catalogue if such pa=
rts and that designers worked with them to use "standard" parts rather than=
 requiring a new development.
BTW those handles were also used on the Aston Martin DB 2/4.

M

________________________________
From: Hank Leach <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2026 5:53:01 PM
To: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>; Stanley Lowery <eandrlowery@=
att.net>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

Yes, and BJ8s could be locked/released the same way. If passenger side was =
key locked, it can be "unlocked" from inside the car. Bob's most interestin=
g comment that the handles came from a Jowett goes directly to the British =
auto industry's frugality in using left over components on other models. (i=
.e.: Morris,TR3 and Sprite taillights are identical. Hank
--------------------

From: "Michael Salter" <[email-masked]>
To: "Stanley Lowery" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Sent: February 1, 2026 at 2:15 PM PST
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
As I recall the 100/6s with the locking door handle on one side had a small=
 lever on the inside door handle of the other side which permitted locking =
that side

M

________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of Stanley Lowery =
via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2026 1:46:56 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

Message 1

I seem to remember the early  sixes having a  lock on the drivers side door=
.  This seems to  be  a waste except for the people to stupit to  go the ot=
her side of the car.

Roger
________________________________
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> on behalf of healeys-request=
@autox.team.net <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2026 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

Send Healeys mailing list submissions to
        [email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Healeys digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Lockable door on BJ7 (Leonard Berkowitz)
   2. Re: Lockable door on BJ7 (HealeyRick)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2026 23:07:57 +0000
From: Leonard Berkowitz <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Lockable door on BJ7
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]=
.outlook.com>

My BJ7, which I have owned since 1984,  had lockable door handles with push=
 buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had the original do=
or handles reinstalled. I was told that the push buttons were wrong and I w=
anted my car to be more original. If I remember correctly the conversion wa=
s not a major big deal.

Len Berkowitz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260130/564ad57e=
/attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2026 11:49:50 -0500
From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
To: Leonard Berkowitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lockable door on BJ7
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]=

Lockable doors don't seem to be much of a theft deterrent. Having lived in
Boston for many years in the age of British sports cars, I saw plenty with
broken vent windows or slashed convertible tops that defeated locked doors.
Maybe putting a tracker in the car and an ignition cutoff might be more
effective

On Fri, Jan 30, 2026 at 7:38?PM Leonard Berkowitz <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> My BJ7, which I have owned since 1984,  had lockable door handles with
> push buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had the
> original door handles reinstalled. I was told that the push buttons were
> wrong and I wanted my car to be more original. If I remember correctly th=
e
> conversion was not a major big deal.
>
> Len Berkowitz
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/20260131/f27b9751=
/attachment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

Healeys mailing list

archives:  http://autox.team.net/archive

------------------------------

End of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
***************************************

--_000_CH3SPRMB0006AC206FA70D1653F405E3A19DACH3SPRMB0006namprd_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
I'm not sure that&nbsp; &quot;using up left over&quot; is actually realisti=
c.&nbsp; The handles and many of the &quot;fixtures&quot; were manufactured=
 by Wilmot Breeden a huge company who made such parts for many manufacturer=
s.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
The British car industry of the day was actually massive, much bigger than =
your average American's concept of it being something akin to a cottage ind=
ustry.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
I would think that it's much more likely that WB had a catalogue if such pa=
rts and that designers worked with them to use &quot;standard&quot; parts r=
ather than requiring a new development.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
BTW those handles were also used on the Aston Martin DB 2/4.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
M</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(33, 33, 33);" =
dir=3D"auto">
<br>
</div>
<div id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-body-separator-line" data-applydefaultfontstyl=
es=3D"true" style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system=
, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<br>
</div>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;" id=3D"ms-outlook-mobile-=
signature">
<div style=3D"font-family: Aptos, Aptos_MSFontService, -apple-system, Robot=
o, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">
<br>
</div>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Hank Leach &lt;gradea=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Sunday, February 1, 2026 5:53:01 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> Michael Salter &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Stanley Lowery =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> RE: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>Yes, and BJ8s could be locked/released the same way. If passenger side=
 was key locked, it can be &quot;unlocked&quot; from inside the car. Bob's =
most interesting comment that the handles came from a Jowett goes directly =
to the British auto industry's frugality in
 using left over components on other models. (i.e.: Morris,TR3 and Sprite t=
aillights are identical. Hank<br>
-------------------- <br>
<br>
From: &quot;Michael Salter&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>
To: &quot;Stanley Lowery&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &lt;healeys@aut=
ox.team.net&gt; <br>
Sent: February 1, 2026 at 2:15 PM PST <br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11 </div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Ar=
ial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(33,33,33)">
As I recall the 100/6s with the locking door handle on one side had a small=
 lever on the inside door handle of the other side which permitted locking =
that side&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Ar=
ial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(33,33,33)">
&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Ar=
ial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(33,33,33)">
M</div>
<div id=3D"x_ms-outlook-mobile-body-separator-line" style=3D"font-family:Ap=
tos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; fo=
nt-size:12pt">
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Ar=
ial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div id=3D"x_ms-outlook-mobile-signature" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_=
MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12=
pt">
<div style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_MSFontService,-apple-system,Roboto,Ar=
ial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt">
&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"x_divRplyFwdMsg"><strong>From:</strong> Healeys &lt;healeys-boun=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Stanley Lowery via Healeys &lt;healeys@=
autox.team.net&gt;<br>
<strong>Sent:</strong> Sunday, February 1, 2026 1:46:56 PM<br>
<strong>To:</strong> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br>
<strong>Subject:</strong> Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_Embedded=
Font,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
Message 1</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_Embedded=
Font,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_Embedded=
Font,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
I seem to remember the early&nbsp; sixes having a&nbsp; lock on the drivers=
 side door.&nbsp; This seems to&nbsp; be&nbsp; a waste except for the peopl=
e to stupit to&nbsp; go the other side of the car.</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_Embedded=
Font,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Aptos,Aptos_Embedded=
Font,Aptos_MSFontService,Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0)">
Roger</div>
<div id=3D"x_x_appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"x_x_divRplyFwdMsg"><strong>From:</strong> Healeys &lt;healeys-bo=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;he=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<strong>Sent:</strong> Saturday, January 31, 2026 2:00 PM<br>
<strong>To:</strong> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br>
<strong>Subject:</strong> Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_BodyFragment">
<div class=3D"x_x_PlainText">Send Healeys mailing list submissions to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</=
a><br>
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<b=
r>
<br>
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>
than &quot;Re: Contents of Healeys digest...&quot;<br>
<br>
<br>
Today's Topics:<br>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Lockable door on BJ7 (Leonard Berkowitz)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: Lockable door on BJ7 (HealeyRick)<br>
<br>
<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2026 23:07:57 +0000<br>
From: Leonard Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: &quot;[email-masked]&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: [Healeys] Lockable door on BJ7<br>
Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;DM3PR08MB91918732066ACDD7030=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
<br>
My BJ7, which I have owned since 1984,&nbsp; had lockable door handles with=
 push buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had the origin=
al door handles reinstalled. I was told that the push buttons were wrong an=
d I wanted my car to be more original.
 If I remember correctly the conversion was not a major big deal.<br>
<br>
Len Berkowitz<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/202=
60130/564ad57e/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys=
/attachments/20260130/564ad57e/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 2<br>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2026 11:49:50 -0500<br>
From: HealeyRick &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Leonard Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: &quot;[email-masked]&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lockable door on BJ7<br>
Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;CAGfzsZdBp+4UOOijjoabGx1bCJk=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<br>
Lockable doors don't seem to be much of a theft deterrent. Having lived in<=
br>
Boston for many years in the age of British sports cars, I saw plenty with<=
br>
broken vent windows or slashed convertible tops that defeated locked doors.=
<br>
Maybe putting a tracker in the car and an ignition cutoff might be more<br>
effective<br>
<br>
On Fri, Jan 30, 2026 at 7:38?PM Leonard Berkowitz &lt;[email-masked]=
om&gt;<br>
wrote:<br>
<br>
&gt; My BJ7, which I have owned since 1984,&nbsp; had lockable door handles=
 with<br>
&gt; push buttons. When I restored the car in the early 1990?s I had the<br=
&gt; original door handles reinstalled. I was told that the push buttons we=
re<br>
&gt; wrong and I wanted my car to be more original. If I remember correctly=
 the<br>
&gt; conversion was not a major big deal.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Len Berkowitz<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys</a><br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.ne=
t/archive/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; [email-masked]<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik@gma=
il.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</=
a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys/attachments/202=
60131/f27b9751/attachment-0001.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/healeys=
/attachments/20260131/f27b9751/attachment-0001.htm</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Subject: Digest Footer<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Healeys mailing list<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
archives:&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team=
.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
End of Healeys Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11<br>
***************************************</div>
</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CH3SPRMB0006AC206FA70D1653F405E3A19DACH3SPRMB0006namprd_--

--===============1439734655285439070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1439734655285439070==--