Subject: [Healeys] Worst car etc.

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:11:58 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2177150488815284623==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003D_01D12761.56795C00"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D12761.56795C00
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Bruce

I was curator of the Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum for thirteen years =
www.microcarmuseum.com (click Virtual Tour), during which time we =
travelled around Europe collecting unusual small cars from small ads and =
relics stored in barns. We acquired the Hoffmann in the mid-nineties in =
its present condition as part of a container full. It had been offered =
for sale by the panelbeater who had just restored it (it was red =
originally) and had acquired it from the original constructor, Mr. =
Hoffmann. See my writeup here :=20
http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/hoffmann.html

 It was truly a horrible, horrible vehicle, the builder having got all =
basic design principles wrong.  But you have to give him credit for a =
whole lot of hutzpah in saying "to hell with everybody, I'm doing what I =
want !" Kind of like the Nasty Boyz (Healey content).

It went to the Lane Museum when the entire Weiner Museum was sold off at =
the RM Auction in February 2013.

Best
Peter
------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D12761.56795C00
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Bruce</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I was curator of the Bruce Weiner =
Microcar Museum=20
for thirteen years <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microcarmuseum.com">www.microcarmuseum.com</A> (click =
Virtual=20
Tour), during which time we travelled around Europe collecting unusual =
small=20
cars from small ads and relics stored in barns. We acquired the Hoffmann =
in the=20
mid-nineties in its present condition as part of a container full. It =
had been=20
offered for sale by the panelbeater who had just restored it (it was red =

originally) and had acquired it from the original constructor, Mr. =
Hoffmann. See=20
my writeup here : </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://www.microcarmuseum.com/tour/hoffmann.html">http://www.micr=
ocarmuseum.com/tour/hoffmann.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>&nbsp;It was truly a horrible,=20
horrible&nbsp;vehicle, the&nbsp;builder having got all basic design =
principles=20
wrong.&nbsp; But you have to give him credit for a whole lot of hutzpah =
in=20
saying "to hell with everybody, I'm doing what I want !" Kind of like =
the Nasty=20
Boyz (Healey content).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>It went to the Lane Museum&nbsp;when =
the entire=20
Weiner Museum was sold off at the&nbsp;RM Auction in February =
2013.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Best</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003D_01D12761.56795C00--

--===============2177150488815284623==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2177150488815284623==--