Subject: [Healeys] Coolant change

From: Daniel White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 08:53:14 -0500 (EST)

--===============2475404152246735581==
	boundary="----=_Part_20716299_1143331630.1446731594127"

------=_Part_20716299_1143331630.1446731594127
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've searched the archives looking for any discussion regarding how often to change the coolant in the BN7. If the answer is there...I missed it. I'm running a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and tap water and it tests o.k. as far as freeze protection. This mix has been in the system for a number of years. Does coolant "go bad" with age? Any thoughts about the waterless coolant being sold on the market? 
Thanks, 
Dan White 
1962 BN7 Mk II 

------=_Part_20716299_1143331630.1446731594127
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>I've searched the archives looking for any discussion regarding how often to change the coolant in the BN7.&nbsp; If the answer is there...I missed it.&nbsp; I'm running a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and tap water and it tests o.k. as far as freeze protection.&nbsp; This mix has been in the system for a number of years.&nbsp; Does coolant "go bad" with age?&nbsp; Any thoughts about the waterless coolant being sold on the market?<br></div><div>Thanks,<br></div><div>Dan White<br></div><div>1962 BN7 Mk II<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_20716299_1143331630.1446731594127--

--===============2475404152246735581==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2475404152246735581==--

---

From: David Masucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 13:27:15 -0500

--===============2285800919933639254==

----_com.samsung.android.email_593405901970800
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_593405901970800
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_593405901970800--

--===============2285800919933639254==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2285800919933639254==--

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:16:51 -0500

I think the waterless stuff is flammable.  Not sure I'd want a line rupture inside the heating system.
tom
---- David Porter <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
yes, it goes "bad". All (I think) contain lubricating agents which are 
important in the health of the pump. I would think every two years 
should be adequate. I have no opinion about waterless, though I suspect 
the "lubricating agent" still holds true. Ask the manufacturer. Most 
have lots of information on the web...
dave

On 11/5/2015 6:53 AM, Daniel White wrote:
> I've searched the archives looking for any discussion regarding how 
> often to change the coolant in the BN7.  If the answer is there...I 
> missed it.  I'm running a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and tap water and it 
> tests o.k. as far as freeze protection.  This mix has been in the 
> system for a number of years.  Does coolant "go bad" with age?  Any 
> thoughts about the waterless coolant being sold on the market?
> Thanks,
> Dan White
> 1962 BN7 Mk II
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

[email-masked]