Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tape

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 07:53:24 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2303370747899990404==
 boundary="------------080803010205020103080900"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080803010205020103080900
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Great suggestion, thanks!  I might buy that and the Gorilla tape, and 
see which works better.

On 11/28/2015 6:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> You might want to check into Gaffers Tape. Used all through the 
> entertainment industry, gaffers tape is a cloth tape that can be used 
> just about anywhere. Holds tight, yet can be lifted up and leaves no 
> to little residue. Can be hard to find, but can be obtained through 
> ebay and many camera supply stores. I use it all the time for 
> situations it wasn't designed for and for situations it was designed 
> for, and it seems to always get the job done.
> I used to do video production work and used it everywhere for 
> everything. A quick trip to ebay and here's a good place to start: 
> http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgaffers+tape.TRS0&_nkw=gaffers+tape&_sacat=0
> Steven Kingsbury
> BN1 #598
> In a message dated 11/28/2015 5:14:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>     The seam the top front of my hood has split.  I have effected repair
>     with duct/duck tape, but it doesn't last too long and, of course,
>     looks
>     cheesy (although it does add a bit of LBC 'charm').  A friend
>     recommended sail tape, but our local marine supply has shut down
>     (possibly due to the drought).  The same friend also suggested
>     'Gorilla
>     Tape,' but I've found their claims for their glues to be exaggerated.
>
>     Suggestions?  The hood is otherwise in splendid shape; just that one
>     damn seam at the front (which I guess gets subjected to the strongest
>     wind forces).
>
>     TIA,
>     Bob
>     _______________________________________________
>
>

--------------080803010205020103080900
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Great suggestion, thanks!  I might buy that and the Gorilla tape,
    and see which works better.<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/28/2015 6:53 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.9600.18098">
      <font id="role_document" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">
        <div>You might want to check into Gaffers Tape. Used all through
          the entertainment industry, gaffers tape is a cloth tape that
          can be used just about anywhere. Holds tight, yet can be
          lifted up and leaves no to little residue. Can be hard to
          find, but can be obtained through ebay and many camera supply
          stores. I use it all the time for situations it wasn't
          designed for and for situations it was designed for, and it
          seems to always get the job done. </div>
        <div>I used to do video production work and used it everywhere
          for everything. A quick trip to ebay and here's a good place
          to start:  <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&amp;_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgaffers+tape.TRS0&amp;_nkw=gaffers+tape&amp;_sacat=0">http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&amp;_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xgaffers+tape.TRS0&amp;_nkw=gaffers+tape&amp;_sacat=0</a></div>
        <div>Steven Kingsbury</div>
        <div>BN1 #598</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>
          <div>In a message dated 11/28/2015 5:14:41 P.M. Pacific
            Standard Time, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> writes:</div>
          <blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
            BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
              transparent" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial">The
              seam the top front of my hood has split.  I have effected
              repair <br>
              with duct/duck tape, but it doesn't last too long and, of
              course, looks <br>
              cheesy (although it does add a bit of LBC 'charm').  A
              friend <br>
              recommended sail tape, but our local marine supply has
              shut down <br>
              (possibly due to the drought).  The same friend also
              suggested 'Gorilla <br>
              Tape,' but I've found their claims for their glues to be
              exaggerated.<br>
              <br>
              Suggestions?  The hood is otherwise in splendid shape;
              just that one <br>
              damn seam at the front (which I guess gets subjected to
              the strongest <br>
              wind forces).<br>
              <br>
              TIA,<br>
              Bob<br>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              <br>
              <br>
            </font></blockquote>
        </div>
      </font>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------080803010205020103080900--

--===============2303370747899990404==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2303370747899990404==--