Subject: [Healeys] Carburettor question

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:09:45 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7782131653440250279==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_033E_01D12B4E.DC466760"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_033E_01D12B4E.DC466760
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I right in thinking the BN7
took twin SU HS6 carbs?  Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as well - was
this an option?

I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install on a 6-cylinder
triumph, but we changed to Webers.

I know there are people who feel strongly that modifications are an
anathema, but I was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used  on a
6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and everything else I own!)
to buy a car ?

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_033E_01D12B4E.DC466760
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Please =
excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I right in thinking the BN7 =
&nbsp;took twin SU HS6 carbs?&nbsp; Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set =
up as well &#8211; was this an option?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have a =
triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install on a 6-cylinder =
triumph, but we changed to Webers.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I know there =
are people who feel strongly that modifications are an anathema, but I =
was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used &nbsp;on a =
6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and everything else I =
own!) to buy a car ?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_033E_01D12B4E.DC466760--

--===============7782131653440250279==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7782131653440250279==--

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:10:33 -0800

--===============5287669628096061597==

--Apple-Mail-22-293714938
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

HS6 with "semi down draught" float chambers can be used on Healeys.=20

On Nov 30, 2015, at 6:09 AM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:

> Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I right in thinking the =
BN7  took twin SU HS6 carbs?  Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as =
well =96 was this an option?
> =20
> I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install on a =
6-cylinder triumph, but we changed to Webers.
> =20
> I know there are people who feel strongly that modifications are an =
anathema, but I was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used  on =
a 6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and everything else I =
own!) to buy a car ?
> =20
> =20
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>=20
> [email-masked]
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail-22-293714938
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><base href=3D"x-msg://588/"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><div>HS6 with "semi down draught" float chambers =
can be used on Healeys.&nbsp;</div><br><div><div>On Nov 30, 2015, at =
6:09 AM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div class=3D"WordSection1" =
style=3D"page: WordSection1; "><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; =
margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; ">Please excuse the ignorance on =
my part, but am I right in thinking the BN7 &nbsp;took twin SU HS6 =
carbs?&nbsp; Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as well =96 was this =
an option?<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: =
0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div =
style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; =
margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif; ">I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install =
on a 6-cylinder triumph, but we changed to Webers.<o:p></o:p></div><div =
style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; =
margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; =
margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; ">I know there are people who =
feel strongly that modifications are an anathema, but I was wondering if =
my triple HS6 set-up could be used &nbsp;on a 6-cylinder Healey, or =
should I just sell them (and everything else I own!) to buy a car =
?<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: 0in; =
margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; font-family: =
Calibri, sans-serif; "><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: =
0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; ">Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0in; margin-right: =
0in; margin-left: 0in; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div></div>___________________________________________=
____<br>Support<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://Team.Net" style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: =
underline; ">Team.Net</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation =
&nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; ">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" style=3D"color: =
blue; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Ma=
nage:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><=
br></div></span></blockquote></div><br></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-22-293714938--

--===============5287669628096061597==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5287669628096061597==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:16:49 -0500

--===============4558678332594581863==
	boundary="----=_Part_61669_1619279730.1448900209551"

------=_Part_61669_1619279730.1448900209551
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have fitted triple SU HS6 carbs to my 6 cyl. BJ8 Healey. As I recall, the=
y have about the same intake area as twin SU HD8's originally fitted to a B=
J8. They work perfectly.
Gary Hodson
=20
=20
=20

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew U=
prichard
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 6:10 AM
To: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Carburettor question

=20
Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I right in thinking the BN7 =
 took twin SU HS6 carbs?  Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as well =E2=
=80=93 was this an option?
=20
I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install on a 6-cylinder =
triumph, but we changed to Webers.
=20
I know there are people who feel strongly that modifications are an anathem=
a, but I was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used  on a 6-cylind=
er Healey, or should I just sell them (and everything else I own!) to buy a=
 car ?
=20
Andrew Uprichard
=20

------=_Part_61669_1619279730.1448900209551
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'2' face=3D'arial'>
<div>I have fitted triple SU HS6 carbs to my 6 cyl. BJ8&nbsp;Healey. As I r=
ecall, they have about the same intake area as twin SU HD8's originally fit=
ted to a BJ8. They work perfectly.</div>

<div>Gary Hodson</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div style=3D"color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;"=
<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2_6694db5f-c151-4533-9899-b1b9bba9f83a">
<div class=3D"aolReplacedBody" lang=3D"EN-US">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<div class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"color: rgb(31, 73, 125);"></span>&n=
bsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"color: rgb(31, 73, 125);">&nbsp;</s=
pan></div>

<div>
<div style=3D"border-width: 1pt medium medium; border-style: solid none non=
e; border-color: rgb(225, 225, 225) currentColor currentColor; padding: 3pt=
 0in 0in;">
<div class=3D"MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Healeys [<a href=3D"mailto:healeys-bo=
[email-masked]?">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Beh=
alf Of </b>Andrew Uprichard<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 30, 2015 6:10 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Ahealey help &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">heale=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Carburettor question</div>
</div>
</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I r=
ight in thinking the BN7 &nbsp;took twin SU HS6 carbs?&nbsp; Moss Motors sh=
ows a triple HS4 set up as well =E2=80=93 was this an option?</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to=
 install on a 6-cylinder triumph, but we changed to Webers.</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">I know there are people who feel strongly that mod=
ifications are an anathema, but I was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up cou=
ld be used &nbsp;on a 6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and ev=
erything else I own!) to buy a car ?</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">Andrew Uprichard</div>

<div class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>

<br>
<br>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_61669_1619279730.1448900209551--

--===============4558678332594581863==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4558678332594581863==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:20:23 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8406550402965100869==
 boundary="------------050401080005090507000300"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050401080005090507000300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The main problem is to find out the proper needles and springs to be 
used in the carbs.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 30-11-2015 om 17:16 schreef [email-masked]:
> I have fitted triple SU HS6 carbs to my 6 cyl. BJ8 Healey. As I 
> recall, they have about the same intake area as twin SU HD8's 
> originally fitted to a BJ8. They work perfectly.
> Gary Hodson
> *From:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked] 
> *Sent:* Monday, November 30, 2015 6:10 AM
> *To:* Ahealey help <[email-masked] 
> *Subject:* [Healeys] Carburettor question
> Please excuse the ignorance on my part, but am I right in thinking the 
> BN7  took twin SU HS6 carbs?  Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as 
> well – was this an option?
> I have a triple SU HS6 set up which I was going to install on a 
> anathema, but I was wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used 
>  on a 6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and everything 
> else I own!) to buy a car ?
> Andrew Uprichard
>
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2016.0.7227 / Virusdatabase: 4477/11091 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 11/29/15
>

--------------050401080005090507000300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">The main problem is to find out the
      proper needles and springs to be used in the carbs.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Op 30-11-2015 om 17:16 schreef <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div>I have fitted triple SU HS6 carbs to my 6 cyl. BJ8 Healey. As
        I recall, they have about the same intake area as twin SU HD8's
        originally fitted to a BJ8. They work perfectly.</div>
      <div>Gary Hodson</div>
      <div> </div>
      <div> </div>
      <div> </div>
      <div>
        <div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_6694db5f-c151-4533-9899-b1b9bba9f83a">
          <div class="aolReplacedBody" lang="EN-US">
            <div class="WordSection1">
              <div class="MsoNormal"><span></span> </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"><span> </span></div>
              <div>
                <div>
                  <div class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Healeys [<a
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]?"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a></a>]
                    <b>On Behalf Of </b>Andrew Uprichard<br>
                    <b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 30, 2015 6:10 AM<br>
                    <b>To:</b> Ahealey help &lt;<a
                      moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;<br>
                    <b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Carburettor question</div>
                </div>
              </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"> </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal">Please excuse the ignorance on my
                part, but am I right in thinking the BN7  took twin SU
                HS6 carbs?  Moss Motors shows a triple HS4 set up as
                well – was this an option?</div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"> </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal">I have a triple SU HS6 set up which
                I was going to install on a 6-cylinder triumph, but we
                changed to Webers.</div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"> </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal">I know there are people who feel
                strongly that modifications are an anathema, but I was
                wondering if my triple HS6 set-up could be used  on a
                6-cylinder Healey, or should I just sell them (and
                everything else I own!) to buy a car ?</div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"> </div>
              <div class="MsoNormal">Andrew Uprichard</div>
              <div class="MsoNormal"> </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2016.0.7227 / Virusdatabase: 4477/11091 - datum van
        uitgifte: 11/29/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050401080005090507000300--

--===============8406550402965100869==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8406550402965100869==--