Subject: Re: [Healeys] Metal loop for oil pressure flexible pipe

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:49:21 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2872510186897950110==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01D11CA0.EA1031D0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D11CA0.EA1031D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Simon, the wiring harness to the rear of the car goes through that loop.
There is supposed to be a rubber grommet in the hole.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Simon
Lachlan
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:48 PM
To: 'healeys'
Subject: [Healeys] Metal loop for oil pressure flexible pipe

I am undertaking a few projects at the moment.

Primarily, I've taken out the 3 Webers and the exhaust system, wiring etcetc
so that I can have the Weber surgery done and, maybe, have the engine out
prior to spraying the engine compartment. I replaced all the core plugs on
that side today....what a frightful job. Two or three were a bit iffy, but I
replaced them all as it's so rare to have access.

Anyhow.............look at the attached picture. There's a red arrow going
to a strange metal loop in the corner near where the flexible oil pressure
pipe comes up en route to the gauge. I've never really given that loop a
second thought. Now I ask myself if the pipe is meant to go through the
loop? And, if so, how was it kept stable? There must  be some sort of
contrivance with washers etcetc...all to keep the pie centred and to stop it
rubbing a hole in itself???

Would appreciate your thoughts...........

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D11CA0.EA1031D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>Simon, the wiring =
harness to the rear of the car goes through that loop.&nbsp; There is =
supposed to be a rubber grommet in the hole.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC&nbsp; USA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Simon Lachlan<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:48 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> 'healeys'<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Metal loop for =
oil pressure flexible pipe<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>I am undertaking a few projects at the =
moment.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Primarily, I&#8216;ve taken out the 3 Webers and the =
exhaust system, wiring etcetc so that I can have the Weber surgery done =
and, maybe, have the engine out prior to spraying the engine =
compartment. I replaced all the core plugs on that side today....what a =
frightful job. Two or three were a bit iffy, but I replaced them all as =
it&#8217;s so rare to have access.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>Anyhow.............look at the =
attached picture. There&#8217;s a red arrow going to a strange metal =
loop in the corner near where the flexible oil pressure pipe comes up en =
route to the gauge. I&#8217;ve never really given that loop a second =
thought. Now I ask myself if the pipe is meant to go through the loop? =
And, if so, how was it kept stable? There must&nbsp; be some sort of =
contrivance with washers etcetc...all to keep the pie centred and to =
stop it rubbing a hole in itself???<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>Would appreciate your =
thoughts...........<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D11CA0.EA1031D0--

--===============2872510186897950110==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2872510186897950110==--

---

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:50:26 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6116458203562762483==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D11CB1.D58B99A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D11CB1.D58B99A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On my BT7 it is for routing the rear wiring harness and over drive cables.
It should be fitted with a rubber gourmet.

John

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D11CB1.D58B99A0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>On my BT7 it is for routing the rear wiring =
harness and over drive cables. It should be fitted with a rubber =
gourmet.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>John<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D11CB1.D58B99A0--

--===============6116458203562762483==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6116458203562762483==--