Subject: Re: [Healeys] plugs

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 08:37:08 -0800

This is almost as big a contriversy as the Brake Fluid and if you should be 
positive or negative ground.
We have used Champion RN9YC plugs for all the 6 cylinder Healeys for ever.

Now if you want a little Spark Plug  Trivia,    AC Delco and Champion  come 
out of the same building. AC Delco   Albert Champion Delco.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com
-----Original Message----- 
From: healeymanjim
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2015 6:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] plugs

would NGK 6's be the best plugs for an early BJ7?
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:35:02 -0500

Neat trivia about Champion and AC Delco, David! 

Lin

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 23, 2015, at 11:37 AM, David Nock BCS <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This is almost as big a contriversy as the Brake Fluid and if you should be positive or negative ground.
> Now if you want a little Spark Plug  Trivia,    AC Delco and Champion  come out of the same building. AC Delco   Albert Champion Delco.
> 
> 
> 
> David Nock
> British Car Specialists
> 209-948-8767
> -----Original Message----- From: healeymanjim

[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert F. Begani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 13:12:23 -0500

While Champion plugs and AC Delco plugs have the same founder, Albert
Champion, they have never been made in the same factory.  Today, Champion is
a member of the Federal Mogol Group and made by a different process in a
different factory than AC Delco Plugs.

See:  http://tinyurl.com/ot4s59m   and 

http://tinyurl.com/puadkl2

Bob Begani

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David
Nock BCS
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 11:37 AM
To: healeymanjim <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] plugs

Now if you want a little Spark Plug  Trivia,    AC Delco and Champion
come 
out of the same building. AC Delco   Albert Champion Delco.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
-----Original Message-----
From: healeymanjim
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2015 6:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] plugs

$12.75

[email-masked]

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 18:46:56 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4325090943002768545==
	boundary="----=_Part_11089122_454007578.1448304416673"

------=_Part_11089122_454007578.1448304416673
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

David, 

Why RN9YCs? Think the manual calls for RN12YCs (manual not handy)? 

Bob 

----- Original Message -----

Lin 

Sent from my iPhone 

> Now if you want a little Spark Plug Trivia, AC Delco and Champion come out of the same building. AC Delco Albert Champion Delco. 

------=_Part_11089122_454007578.1448304416673
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>David,<br></div><div><br></div><div>Why RN9YCs?&nbsp; Think the ma=
nual calls for RN12YCs (manual not handy)?<br></div><div><br></div><div>Bob=
<br></div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-wei=
ght:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Ari=
al,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><br><div><br></div>Neat trivia about Champio=
n and AC Delco, David! <br><div><br></div>Lin<br><div><br></div>Sent from m=
y iPhone<br><div><br></div>&gt; On Nov 23, 2015, at 11:37 AM, David Nock BC=
S &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; This is almost as=
 big a contriversy as the Brake Fluid and if you should be positive or nega=
tive ground.<br>&gt; We have used Champion RN9YC plugs for all the 6 cylind=
er Healeys for ever.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Now if you want a little Spark Plug &=
nbsp;Trivia, &nbsp; &nbsp;AC Delco and Champion &nbsp;come out of the same =
building. AC Delco &nbsp; Albert Champion Delco.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
<br>&gt; David Nock<br>&gt; British Car Specialists<br>&gt; 209-948-8767<br=
>&gt; www.britishcarspecialists.com<br><br><div><br></div></div><div><br></=
div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_11089122_454007578.1448304416673--

--===============4325090943002768545==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4325090943002768545==--

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:03:09 -0000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0868427981064681037==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0019_01D12632.5CB374A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D12632.5CB374A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What about  NGK BP6ES?

Suggested to me. I fitted them and they work well.

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D12632.5CB374A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.5pt;
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:Consolas;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;=
</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>What =
about =C2=A0NGK BP6ES?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times =
New Roman","serif"'>Suggested to me. I fitted them and they work =
well.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01D12632.5CB374A0--

--===============0868427981064681037==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0868427981064681037==--

---

From: Charlie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:14:26 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0317458697908420237==
	boundary="----=_Part_3054824_523869726.1448313266693"

------=_Part_3054824_523869726.1448313266693
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Wikipedia seems to disagree: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACDelco 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Robert F. Begani" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 1:12:23 PM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] plugs 

Bob Begani 

-----Original Message----- 

David Nock 
British Car Specialists 
209-948-8767 
-----Original Message----- 
From: healeymanjim 
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2015 6:29 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Healeys] plugs 

[email-masked] 

[email-masked] 

[email-masked] 

------=_Part_3054824_523869726.1448313266693
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div aria-label=3D"Compose body">Wikipedia seems to disagree: <a href=
=3D"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACDelco">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC=
Delco</a><br></div><div aria-label=3D"Compose body"><br></div><div><br></di=
v><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:n=
ormal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size=
:12pt;" data-mce-style=3D"color: #000; font-weight: normal; font-style: nor=
mal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 12pt;"><b>From: </b>"Robert F. Begani" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<=
br><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Monday, November 23, 2=
015 1:12:23 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [Healeys] plugs<br><div><br></div>Whi=
le Champion plugs and AC Delco plugs have the same founder, Albert<br>Champ=
ion, they have never been made in the same factory. &nbsp;Today, Champion i=
s<br>a member of the Federal Mogol Group and made by a different process in=
 a<br>different factory than AC Delco Plugs.<br><div><br></div>See: &nbsp;h=
ttp://tinyurl.com/ot4s59m &nbsp; and <br><div><br></div>http://tinyurl.com/=
puadkl2<br><div><br></div>Bob Begani<br><div><br></div><br>-----Original Me=
ssage-----<br>From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Beha=
lf Of David<br>Nock BCS<br>Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 11:37 AM<br>To: =
healeymanjim &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]<br>S=
ubject: Re: [Healeys] plugs<br><div><br></div>This is almost as big a contr=
iversy as the Brake Fluid and if you should be<br>positive or negative grou=
nd.<br>We have used Champion RN9YC plugs for all the 6 cylinder Healeys for=
 ever.<br><div><br></div>Now if you want a little Spark Plug &nbsp;Trivia, =
&nbsp; &nbsp;AC Delco and Champion<br>come <br>out of the same building. AC=
 Delco &nbsp; Albert Champion Delco.<br><div><br></div><br><div><br></div>D=
avid Nock<br>British Car Specialists<br>209-948-8767<br>www.britishcarspeci=
alists.com<br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: healeymanjim<br>Sent: Sun=
day, November 22, 2015 6:29 PM<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Subject: [H=
ealeys] plugs<br><div><br></div>would NGK 6's be the best plugs for an earl=
y BJ7?<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support Team.N=
et http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation<br>$12.75<br>A=
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<b=
r><div><br></div>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/healeys<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <br>http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] <br><div><br></div>____=
___________________________________________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.=
team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation<br>$12.75<br>Archive: http:/=
/www.team.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><div><br></d=
iv>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys=
<br><div><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/healeys/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div><br>_________________=
______________________________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/dona=
te.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive: http://www.te=
am.net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><div><br></div>Heal=
[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br><di=
v><br></div>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/heale=
ys/[email-masked]<br><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></bod=
y></html>
------=_Part_3054824_523869726.1448313266693--

--===============0317458697908420237==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0317458697908420237==--

---

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 22:36:30 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2014144039952833344==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1263F.68ADA2A0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1263F.68ADA2A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I use N12YC plugs and the RN=E2=80=A6 plugs. R =3D Resistor which is =
needed if you have a radio. Plugs vary in heat range and different =
manufactures note the heat range in opposite manners. Check this out:

=20

https://www.sparkplugs.com/learning-center/article/116/how-do-i-find-a-co=
lder-or-hotter-plug

=20

John

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bob =
Spidell
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2015 10:47 AM
To: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Cc: healeys <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] plugs

=20

David,

=20

=20

Bob

=20

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1263F.68ADA2A0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>I use N12YC plugs and the RN=E2=80=A6 plugs. R =3D Resistor which is =
needed if you have a radio. Plugs vary in heat range and different =
manufactures note the heat range in opposite manners. Check this =
out:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><a =
href=3D"https://www.sparkplugs.com/learning-center/article/116/how-do-i-f=
ind-a-colder-or-hotter-plug">https://www.sparkplugs.com/learning-center/a=
rticle/116/how-do-i-find-a-colder-or-hotter-plug</a><o:p></o:p></span></p=
><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>John<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bob =
Spidell<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 23, 2015 10:47 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
Linwood Rose &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> healeys =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
plugs<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>David,<o:p></o:p></s=
pan></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></s=
pan></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Why RN9YCs?&nbsp; =
Think the manual calls for RN12YCs (manual not =
handy)?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></s=
pan></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Bob<o:p></o:p></span=
></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></s=
pan></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01D1263F.68ADA2A0--

--===============2014144039952833344==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2014144039952833344==--