Subject: Re: [Healeys] Side Vents

From: richard mayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:05:34 -0800

--===============6546196400157307278==

--001a113f275c0b51a60524b2f6a6

The under-bonnet situation is that it is a high pressure area....meaning
that a lot of hot air stays in the engine compartment before it moves out.
The ralley vents allow an escape route for that air. That allows more air,
with less back pressure, to enter your radiator and move through the engine
compartment at a faster rate.  It will reduce the air temperature under the
bonnet. Not sure how much you will feel it in your feet but the vents look
cool and your engine will run cooler as well.

I put the vents in my race car 35 years ago to reduce engine temps and it
was very effective.

Richard

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Price Lindsay <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Listers -
>
> I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders. I am on a
> quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south west
> Florida).
>
> I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and side panels
> - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge blower in the fresh
> air line with mixed success. I'm probably going to seal off the fresh air
> intake from engine heat, which should help. I disconnected the hot water
> hoses from the heater.
>
> Now I'm wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from the engine
> compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?  I like the looks
> but wouldn't do this if I don't get a good deal of heat reduction in the
> cockpit.
>
> For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heat difference?  Was
> it worth the expense?
>
> Thank you very much for your input.
>
> Price Lindsay
> 67 BJ8
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--001a113f275c0b51a60524b2f6a6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>The under-bonnet situation is that it is a high press=
ure area....meaning that a lot of hot air stays in the engine compartment b=
efore it moves out.=C2=A0 The ralley vents allow an escape route for that a=
ir. That allows more air, with less back pressure, to enter your radiator a=
nd move through the engine compartment at a faster rate.=C2=A0 It will redu=
ce the air temperature under the bonnet. Not sure how much you will feel it=
 in your feet but the vents look cool and your engine will run cooler as we=
ll. <br><br></div><div>I put the vents in my race car 35 years ago to reduc=
e engine temps and it was very effective.=C2=A0 <br></div><div><br></div>Ri=
chard<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On=
 Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Price Lindsay <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Listers -<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve noticed many 3000&#39;s with vents added to the front fenders. I a=
m on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south we=
st Florida).<br>
<br>
I&#39;ve added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and side pane=
ls - quite a positive difference!=C2=A0 I&#39;ve inserted a bilge blower in=
 the fresh air line with mixed success. I&#39;m probably going to seal off =
the fresh air intake from engine heat, which should help. I disconnected th=
e hot water hoses from the heater.<br>
<br>
Now I&#39;m wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from the engin=
e compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?=C2=A0 I like th=
e looks but wouldn&#39;t do this if I don&#39;t get a good deal of heat red=
uction in the cockpit.<br>
<br>
For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heat difference?=C2=A0 =
Was it worth the expense?<br>
<br>
Thank you very much for your input.<br>
<br>
Price Lindsay<br>
67 BJ8<br>
<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113f275c0b51a60524b2f6a6--

--===============6546196400157307278==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6546196400157307278==--

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:30:50 -0500

------=_Part_149479_54354100.1447731050285
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Price,  Think about installing an air conditioning unit.  Bought my '67 BJ8=
 new in '67 and I lived in Miami.  My Healey was my everyday driver for abo=
ut 7 years and the summers were a furnace in the Healey.  About 1969 I inst=
alled a BMC Coolaire Air Conditioning unit in my car and what a life saver.=
  I installed it my self and was never sorry.  See this link: http://www.ah=
exp.com/phorum/read.php?13,58208   Ken is the List registrar for Healey air=
 conditioning units.  He should have the options for installing an A/C in y=
our Healey.  Try this email:  [email-masked]

P.S. I also installed a Parrish Plastics (now Smoothline) hard top.  See: h=
ttp://www.smoothline.com/austin_healey.php

See the attachment.

Larry
'67 BJ8

-----Original Message-----
From: Price Lindsay <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 5:40 pm =20
Subject: [Healeys] Side Vents
=20

Listers -I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders. Ia=
m on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south we=
stFlorida).I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and si=
depanels - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge blower in th=
e freshair line with mixed success. I'm probably going to seal off the fres=
h air intakefrom engine heat, which should help. I disconnected the hot wat=
er hoses from theheater. Now I'm wondering, if I added side vents to move h=
ot air from theengine compartment would I get additional relief in the cock=
pit?  I like thelooks but wouldn't do this if I don't get a good deal of he=
at reduction in thecockpit. For those that have added side vents, do you fe=
el a heatdifference?  Was it worth the expense?Thank you very much for your=
 input.Price Lindsay67 BJ8Sent from myiPhone_______________________________=
________________Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested an=
nual donation  $12.75Archive:http://www.team.net/archiveForums:http://www.t=
eam.net/[email-masked]://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/=
healeysUnsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/big=
[email-masked]

------=_Part_149479_54354100.1447731050285
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=img001.jpg

------=_Part_149479_54354100.1447731050285
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_Part_149479_54354100.1447731050285--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:09:36 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7431425656113120779==
 boundary="------------030805030307030306060409"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030805030307030306060409
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Very nice wheels, in every sense!.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 17-11-2015 om 4:30 schreef Larry Wendland:
> Price,  Think about installing an air conditioning unit.  Bought my '67=
 BJ8 new in '67 and I lived in Miami.  My Healey was my everyday driver f=
or about 7 years and the summers were a furnace in the Healey.  About 196=
9 I installed a BMC Coolaire Air Conditioning unit in my car and what a l=
ife saver.  I installed it my self and was never sorry.  See this link: h=
ttp://www.ahexp.com/phorum/read.php?13,58208   Ken is the List registrar =
for Healey air conditioning units.  He should have the options for instal=
ling an A/C in your Healey.  Try this email:  [email-masked]
>
> P.S. I also installed a Parrish Plastics (now Smoothline) hard top.  Se=
e: http://www.smoothline.com/austin_healey.php
> Sent: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 5:40 pm
> Listers -I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders=
=2E Iam on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to =
south westFlorida).I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, flo=
ors and sidepanels - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge =
blower in the freshair line with mixed success. I'm probably going to sea=
l off the fresh air intakefrom engine heat, which should help. I disconne=
cted the hot water hoses from theheater. Now I'm wondering, if I added si=
de vents to move hot air from theengine compartment would I get additiona=
l relief in the cockpit?  I like thelooks but wouldn't do this if I don't=
 get a good deal of heat reduction in thecockpit. For those that have add=
ed side vents, do you feel a heatdifference?  Was it worth the expense?Th=
ank you very much for your input.Price Lindsay67 BJ8Sent from myiPhone___=
____________________________________________Support Team.Nethttp://www.te=
am.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive:http://www.tea=
m.net/archiveForums:http://www.team.net/[email-masked]:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coude=
[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2016.0.7227 / Virusdatabase: 4460/11011 - datum van uitgifte: 1=
1/16/15

--------------030805030307030306060409
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Very nice wheels, in every sense!.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Op 17-11-2015 om 4:30 schreef Larry Wendland:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Price,  Think about installing an air conditioning unit.  Bought my '67 BJ8 new in '67 and I lived in Miami.  My Healey was my everyday driver for about 7 years and the summers were a furnace in the Healey.  About 1969 I installed a BMC Coolaire Air Conditioning unit in my car and what a life saver.  I installed it my self and was never sorry.  See this link: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.ahexp.com/phorum/read.php?13,58208">http://www.ahexp.com/phorum/read.php?13,58208</a>   Ken is the List registrar for Healey air conditioning units.  He should have the options for installing an A/C in your Healey.  Try this email:  <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

P.S. I also installed a Parrish Plastics (now Smoothline) hard top.  See: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.smoothline.com/austin_healey.php">http://www.smoothline.com/austin_healey.php</a>

See the attachment.

Larry
'67 BJ8

-----Original Message-----
From: Price Lindsay <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
To: healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
Sent: Mon, Nov 16, 2015 5:40 pm  
Subject: [Healeys] Side Vents

Listers -I've noticed many 3000's with vents added to the front fenders. Iam on a quest to reduce the heat in the cockpit of my BJ8 (moved to south westFlorida).I've added Dynomat to the fire wall, tranny cover, floors and sidepanels - quite a positive difference!  I've inserted a bilge blower in the freshair line with mixed success. I'm probably going to seal off the fresh air intakefrom engine heat, which should help. I disconnected the hot water hoses from theheater. Now I'm wondering, if I added side vents to move hot air from theengine compartment would I get additional relief in the cockpit?  I like thelooks but wouldn't do this if I don't get a good deal of heat reduction in thecockpit. For those that have added side vents, do you feel a heatdifference?  Was it worth the expense?Thank you very much for your input.Price Lindsay67 BJ8Sent from myiPhone_______________________________________________Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75A
rchive:<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archiveForums:http://www.team.net/[email-masked]://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://www.team.net/archiveForums:http://www.team.net/[email-masked]://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">-----
Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a>
Versie: 2016.0.7227 / Virusdatabase: 4460/11011 - datum van uitgifte: 11/16/15
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030805030307030306060409--

--===============7431425656113120779==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7431425656113120779==--