Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tape

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 07:33:51 -0700

If black and temporary... staple with a backing, then use Right Stuff rubber gasket maker to coat the tear....
DP

On November 29, 2015, at 6:57 AM, Tim Davis BN7 <[email-masked]> wrote:

How about carpet tape?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Spidell" <[email-masked]>
To: "Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 7:09:27 PM
Subject: [Healeys] Tape

The seam the top front of my hood has split.  I have effected repair 
with duct/duck tape, but it doesn't last too long and, of course, looks 
cheesy (although it does add a bit of LBC 'charm').  A friend 
recommended sail tape, but our local marine supply has shut down 
(possibly due to the drought).  The same friend also suggested 'Gorilla 
Tape,' but I've found their claims for their glues to be exaggerated.

Suggestions?  The hood is otherwise in splendid shape; just that one 
damn seam at the front (which I guess gets subjected to the strongest 
wind forces).

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys