zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] Seat slides <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <zmagnette@autox.

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Seat slides <zmagnette.autox.team.net> <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
From: Steve Hanegan <steve@betterwitnesses.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:12:40 -0700
No, this is not normal, and I assure you that the car did not leave the factory
or the dealership in this condition - and there is no need to "start filing"
(just makes things worse!). I would start by loosening all fasteners that hold
the seat tracks to the seat frame and the tracks to the car body, then, move
the seat fully back and forward to allow the bits to self align, then
re-tighten the fasteners. There should be some resistance, but the seat should
be easily adjustable throughout its' range. Make sure that there is some
lubricant on the tracks as well.

Steve H.