zmagnette

Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens <zmagnette@autox.team.ne

To: List for the Z Magnette Group - North America <zmagnette@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens <zmagnette@autox.team.net> <zmagnette.autox.team.net>
From: Dave & Jean Looy <chateaudelooy@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:55:53 -0800
--===============2085795233==
 boundary="------------040407080403080803090302"

--------------040407080403080803090302

  Count me in for one. Dave
On 06/12/2013 9:45 AM, Wayne & Isabel Hardy wrote:
> Allen;
> O.K. I got us a decent blown up copy..very readable with the color
> code guide on the bottom. Maybe next week early I'll go into the big
> city where there is an Office Depot and get several sheets laminated.
> How many do we need???
> Oh Yes..how badly are they needed?? That will help me determine a $$$$
> value of each one, Really
> need =High $$$$$ value right??
> Actually I don't remember what the Depot gets for 11 X 17 sheet
> laminating but it's pretty cheap.
> Wombat
> *Sent:* Friday, December 06, 2013 12:28 AM
> *Subject:* [Zmagnette] Wiring diagrams and windscreens
> In a recent phone conversation with one of our own, two concerns arose
> which I promised to address about a week ago.  I apologize for the
> delay, but my past week has been memorable for its interruptions.
> Two questions:
>
>     1.)  Is there somebody in our noble band who either could or would
>     be interested in making up enlarged wiring diagrams for the
>     Magnette. I know there are at least four of them, and maybe some
>     choices would have to be made, but did somebody volunteer that
>     they could provide an 11 X 17 wiring diagram copy either laminated
>     or suitable for lamination? If you are not such a person but have
>     access to equipment that could produce same, for a PRICE of
>     course, I can guaranty you sales of two of these from the get-go.
>     I know we discussed this at some time but cannot recall how we
>     left it.
>     2.) We also focused on a windscreen thread a year or two ago, and
>     somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had a US distribution
>     center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which we might be able to expect
>     a supply of new windscreens. Is there a follow-up story here?
>     There are those of us who either need one or would buy one as a
>     spare should they become available.  Once again, any new
>     information about this would certainly be welcome.  I know the
>     nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment of
>     windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the US of A.  I
>     suspect a good many of those of us of the Varitone persuasion
>     would be cheered to find a stash of these bits available in North
>     America, but I wouldn't wish this task on Steve again for
>     anything.  So... can anybody report anything new on this concern?
>
> Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this conversation!
> Holiday Cheers,
> Allen
> */****************************************************************/*
> */Allen & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
> Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs/*
> */'57 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GT/*
> */North Street, MI 48049, USA/*
> */http://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs/*
> */****************************************************************/*

--------------040407080403080803090302

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    &nbsp;Count me in for one. Dave<br>
      Isabel Hardy wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
          #000000">
              readable with the color code guide on the bottom. Maybe
              next week early I&#8217;ll go into the big city where there is
              an Office Depot and get several sheets laminated. How many
              do we need??? </font></div>
              will help me determine a $$$$ value of each one, Really
              gets for 11 X 17 sheet laminating but it&#8217;s pretty
cheap.</font></div>
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
                    moz-do-not-send="true" title="bachldrs@comcast.net"
                    href="mailto:bachldrs@comcast.net";>Allen Bachelder</a>
                    title="zmagnette@autox.team.net"
                    href="mailto:zmagnette@autox.team.net";>zmagnette</a>
                  windscreens</div>
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">In a
            recent phone conversation with one of our own, two concerns
            arose which I promised to address about a week ago.&nbsp; I
            apologize for the delay, but my past week has been memorable
            for its interruptions.&nbsp;&nbsp;
              style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none;
              BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
              PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px
              40px; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
                could or would be interested in making up enlarged
                wiring diagrams for the Magnette. I know there are at
                least four of them, and maybe some choices would have to
                be made, but did somebody volunteer that they could
                provide an 11 X 17 wiring diagram copy either laminated
                or suitable for lamination? If you are not such a person
                but have access to equipment that could produce same,
                for a PRICE of course, I can guaranty you sales of two
                of these from the get-go.&nbsp; I know we discussed this at
                some time but cannot recall how we left it.</div>
                two ago, and somebody found that Pilkington (?name?) had
                a US distribution center (somewhere in Ohio?) from which
                we might be able to expect a supply of new windscreens.&nbsp;
                Is there a follow-up story here? There are those of us
                who either need one or would buy one as a spare should
                they become available.&nbsp; Once again, any new information
                about this would certainly be welcome.&nbsp; I know the
                nightmare Steve Hanegan went through to land a shipment
                of windscreens and rear Varitone glasses here in the US
                of A.&nbsp; I suspect a good many of those of us of the
                Varitone persuasion would be cheered to find a stash of
                these bits available in North America, but I wouldn't
                wish this task on Steve again for anything.&nbsp; So... can
                anybody report anything new on this concern?</div>
            Many thanks to anybody who can contribute to this
            conversation!
                    normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE:
                    separate; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);
                    FONT: medium helvetica; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2;
                    LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                    -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
                    -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
                    -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
                    -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                    -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><span
                      class="Apple-style-span" style="WHITE-SPACE:
                      normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE:
                      separate; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0);
                      FONT: medium helvetica; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2;
                      LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                      -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
                      -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
                      -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;
                      -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                      -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                        -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
                        after-white-space"><span
[...]
                                class="Apple-style-span"
                                style="WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                                WORD-SPACING: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE:
                                separate; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; COLOR:
                                rgb(0,0,0); FONT: medium helvetica;
                                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; LETTER-SPACING:
                                normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                                -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px;
                                -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px;
                                -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">
                                  -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                  -webkit-line-break: after-white-space"><span
                                    class="Apple-style-span"
                                    style="FONT-SIZE:
                                    class="Apple-style-span"
                                    style="WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                                    WORD-SPACING: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE:
                                    separate; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none;
                                    COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT: medium
                                    helvetica; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2;
                                    LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT:
                                    0px;
                                    -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:
                                    0px;
                                    -webkit-border-vertical-spacing:
                                    0px;
                                    -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                    none; -webkit-text-size-adjust:
                                    auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                    0px">
                                      -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;
                                      -webkit-line-break:
                                      after-white-space"><span
                                        class="Apple-style-span"
                                        style="FONT-FAMILY: helvetica;
                                        FONT-VARIANT: normal;
                                        WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                                        WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                                        BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate;
                                        TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; ORPHANS:
                                        2; WIDOWS: 2; LETTER-SPACING:
                                        normal; LINE-HEIGHT: normal;
                                        TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                                        -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:
                                        0px;
                                        -webkit-border-vertical-spacing:
                                        0px;
                                        -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                        none; -webkit-text-size-adjust:
                                        auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                        0px">
                                          break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode:
[...]

                                                    style="FONT-VARIANT:
                                                    normal; WHITE-SPACE:
                                                    normal;
                                                    WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                                                    BORDER-COLLAPSE:
                                                    separate;
                                                    TEXT-TRANSFORM:
                                                    none; ORPHANS: 2;
                                                    WIDOWS: 2;
                                                    LETTER-SPACING:
                                                    normal; LINE-HEIGHT:
                                                    normal; TEXT-INDENT:
                                                    0px;

-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:
                                                    0px;

-webkit-border-vertical-spacing:
                                                    0px;

-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect:
                                                    none;
                                                    -webkit-text-size-adjust:
                                                    auto;
                                                    -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                                                    0px">
                                                      style="WORD-WRAP:
                                                      break-word;
                                                      -webkit-nbsp-mode:
                                                      space;
                                                      -webkit-line-break:
                                                      after-white-space"><span
[...]

after-white-space"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="FONT-VARIANT:
[...]

                                                          FONT-SIZE:
                                                          12px;
                                                          FONT-FAMILY:
                                                          helvetica;
                                                          FONT-WEIGHT:
                                                          normal; COLOR:
                                                          rgb(0,0,0);
                                                          FONT-STYLE:
                                                          normal;
                                                          -webkit-nbsp-mode:
                                                          space;
                                                          -webkit-line-break:
after-white-space"><b><i>Allen &amp; Florrie
Bachelder&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =iii=&lt;<br>
                                                          Spring Creek
                                                          Home for
                                                          Wayward
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:
                                                          break-word;
                                                          FONT-SIZE:
                                                          12px;
                                                          FONT-FAMILY:
                                                          helvetica;
                                                          FONT-WEIGHT:
                                                          normal; COLOR:
                                                          rgb(0,0,0);
                                                          FONT-STYLE:
                                                          normal;
                                                          -webkit-nbsp-mode:
                                                          space;
                                                          -webkit-line-break:
                                                          style="WORD-WRAP:
                                                          break-word;
                                                          FONT-SIZE:
                                                          12px;
                                                          FONT-FAMILY:
                                                          helvetica;
                                                          FONT-WEIGHT:
                                                          normal; COLOR:
                                                          rgb(0,0,0);
                                                          FONT-STYLE:
                                                          normal;
                                                          -webkit-nbsp-mode:
                                                          space;
                                                          -webkit-line-break:
                                            class="Apple-style-span"
                                            style="FONT-SIZE: 12px"><a
                                              moz-do-not-send="true"

[...]

after-white-space"><b><i><span class="Apple-style-span"
                                                          style="FONT-SIZE:
                                                          12px;
                                                          FONT-FAMILY:
                                                          helvetica;
                                                          FONT-WEIGHT:
                                                          normal;
                                                          FONT-STYLE:

            <hr>
            Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage:
            <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/gwhardy@suddenlink.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/zmagnette/gwhardy@suddenlink.net</a><br>
Zmagnette mailing list

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

</pre>