vtr

RE: [TR3 "performance"] Engine rebuilds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net, dorothyr@pacbell.net
Subject: RE: [TR3 "performance"] Engine rebuilds
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:41:21 -0700
> > > From: Dorothy Rivette <dorothyr@pacbell.net>
> > > Subject: Engine rebuilds
> > > To: vtr-www@vtr.org
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I don't own a TR, but, I am in the "family".  I have
> > > a '62 Plus four
> > > Morgan with a TR-3 engine....
> > >
> > > I would be interested in having a discussion with
> > > any of your members
> > > that are rebuilding their TR-3 engines.  I'm
> > > planning on building a
> > > reliable 140+ engine.  I'm interested discussing in
> > > the new 92mm
> > > sleeve/piston set, counter balanced billet cranks,
> > > fast road cams etc.

Kevin, if you haven't already, I would suggest calling Ken Gillanders at
British Frame and Engine.  He loves to talk <g>, and has a lot of direct
experience with this stuff.  He'll also sell you the parts at a good price,
although he's happy to talk even if you don't buy from him.

Ken Gillanders
British Frame and Engine
4831 N. Ryland Ave
Temple City, CA  91780
(626) 443-0939

BTW, I assume you know you have to have the block machined to fit the 92mm
liners, 89mm is as large as you can go otherwise.

Randall

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list
///