vtr

Re: Going to TRF's TSP?

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Re: Going to TRF's TSP?
From: tr6-20@juno.com
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:06:05 -0400
"Fred Thomas" vafred@erols.com, wrote
:>>getting people to plan on 2 weeks I think will be
> disastrous for one or the other, many people plan their vacation time
for one
> or the other and of course some for both, but, 3 to 4 weeks apart.

On the other hand, for anyone driving any distance for both events, it is
really nice to combine the trips.  I recall one of the best vacation
trips I've ever taken was going to VTR 1994 in Asheville, NC, then
motoring on with a group of 7 from Tallahassee, Florida, to The Roadster
Factory Party the next weekend.  It took us a total of 10-11 days away,
and we spent the not quite 5 days in between the events (Sunday through
Thursday) going to Chimney Rock (NC) and then cruising up the Blue Ridge
Mountains and spending a day at Gettysburg before arriving at TRF in
Armagh, PA, on Thursday evening.  Having two events to go to with a few
days in between to sightsee made it worthwhile for my husband, JK
Jackson, to tow his TR6 (#20 racecar) and me to drive my TR6 (SCCA FSP
Solo I & II) to take such a trip.

Our interests are primarily in racing or autocrossing and we enter lots
of SCCA events all over the SE during the year, and JK occasionally
vintage races, but we also really enjoy VTR events and spending time with
other Triumph enthusiasts, however, our commitment to racing just doesn't
permit us to take two separate trips across country for VTR events and
the Summer Party for an abbreviated (usually)  autocross course and at
least $200 or more in entry fees for VTR, plus hotel etc.  It is worth
it, or more likely to be, if 2 events are held on consecutive weekends.
(By the way, why are the VTR registration/entry fees so high?--much
higher than the MINI Cooper convention fees--yes, we've just purchased a
Mini Cooper & Mini Cooper S for our daily drivers.)  Thus, it helps to
have the draw of 2 events held in close proximity.

My 2 cents,  Chris Moore