vtr

hood is open!

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: hood is open!
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:31:17 EST
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Thanks to all who replied. I got my hood (bonnet as some would say) open last
night after unbolting the hinges from underneath of the car (12 bolts). I was
then able to lift the hood enough to release pressure on the latch. I was
then able to pull on what was left of the release cable and pop the hood. The
problem was that the two bumper pads that the hood closes on had been removed
by the previous owner. When I shut the hood, it closed all the way down on
the fenders (about 1/4 inch too far on each side). That put pressure on the
release mechanism.

Peter
1964 TR4

P.S.........  I didn't use the "broom handle cat to the proper length" method
because I couldn't get my cat to stay still long enough!

///
///  vtr@autox.team.net mailing list
///  Send list postings to vtr@autox.team.net
///