vtr

hood won't open

To: vtr@autox.team.net
Subject: hood won't open
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:54:50 EST
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Hello all,
I am new to the list and this is my first post. Also I am the proud new owner
of a 1964 TR4, which is in need of a lot of TLC. I had it delivered to my
house yesterday on a flat bed truck.

My first problem is the hood. Before I bought the car, the hood release
worked OK. I got the car home and opened the hood without much of a problem.
I closed the hood and when I tried to open it again, I could not get it to
release. I thought that once I got it open, I would lube the cable and latch.
The problem is that when I would pull the handle of the hood release, it
would not unhook. I pulled a little harder and I pulled the end off of the
inner cable. About two inches of the cable snapped off in my hand. Now I have
no way to pop the hood.

Can anyone tell me how to open the hood with a broken cable? I am thinking
that since only two inches of the inner cable broke off I  might be able to
cut back the outer cable enough to reach the inner cable. But since I
couldn't open it before, now what?

Thanks,
Peter

///