vtr

Re: The Herald at Hoag's Corners, Part VI (longish)

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: The Herald at Hoag's Corners, Part VI (longish)
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 11:06:38 -0700
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Vintage Triumph Register member list <vtr@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
To All,

First of all I would like to offer a public appology to Mr. Andrew Mace
for re-posting a private response to this list. Sorry, it's easy to
forget that whatever we say here goes all over the world, and can be
easily forwarded and reposted (witness the get-well card fiasco from
England).

Secondly, thanks Andy, for reminding us of one of the joys of owning
these cars. It's allways interesting to dig up some bit of history
burried under the layers of paint and grease that accumulate over the
years. Most of our cars come with unknown history and it's like a
treasure hunt every time you remove a piece or sand away some paint. You
never know what you'll find!!

Next I want to share a Herald sighting 8^)
On Saturday afternoon as I was driving to San Francisco on hwy 101, I
got caught up in the traffic jam that starts around Candlestick (aka
3-Com Park). I looked over in the opposite lanes and what did I see
comming towards me but a red Herald convertible!!! I stuck my head out
the window and yelled, but since I was driving my '67 Ford truck I doubt
the driver noticed me. I wonder if it was one of us?? If it was please
let me know, I always like to swap stories and/or parts.

Which brings me to my final reason for posting. I have parts from a '77
Spitfire available for sale or trade. They include all body parts and
trim. Complete original smog equipment (which I'd like to sell as a set
to someone in California who needs it to get through smog check II). And
all the other pieces with the exception of running gear,frame, and front
brakes. I also have some Herald parts I may sell to finance my project.
I'm looking for a dual SU intake manifold for a 1500cc engine, exhaust
header, nylon or urethane bushings, or any other performance parts for
the Spitfire/Herald range.

I can be reached at matthews@sj.bigger.net, or call me at home
(408)986-1819.

Cheers,