[Vintage-race] BeaveRun Historics

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Vintage-race] BeaveRun Historics
From: "Ralph Steinberg" <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 16:38:10 -0400
Ok everyone it is that time of year again where I start really pushing the
PVGP races and this year we have lots of reasons to, first the racing is
great at BeaveRun period, secondly, for the first time ever it truly is one
big giant vintage celebration starting at BeaveRun on one weekend and ending
at Schenley on another and for a lot of us we can do both weekends in the
same car. For others we can race one car at one event and another at the
other and the prices are fantastic (check out more info and entry forms at
www.cloverleaf-auto.com or www.pvgp.org )

Now as some of you may know I have thrown down the gauntlet and we are
featuring a rip snorting ground pounding race challenge - American big iron
against the Europeans. I have heard disparaging remarks coming from the
American side something on the line of "prissy" European cars. Are you going
to take that? I grew up listening to Jan & Dean and their like - do you
remember the song - "Hey Little Cobra"? If my memory serves me something
like - " and the jags were so far behind" And I do remember what Lemans was
like when Ford decided it was time to win and the GT40 came out. Kinda
remember that Chrysler did the same in more recent history. Until just
recently only Austin-healey had the guts to come out and play in NASCAR so
perhaps the ground pounders know what they are talking about..

Perhaps the big healeys and E types have to pick the correct race to come
out in. And Jag sedans only really look good when they are chasing other
European cars and Tigers - what you guys only come out when you can jump
MGB's?

What can I say. The proof is in the pudding. Can you guys take up the
challenge and show these big old American cars that it takes more than
horsepower to be a true race car or are they right - prissy.

All kidding aside I would love to have all of my big American Iron here
along with a good showing of our European cousins, Jags, Big Healey, Tiger
and others and for many of you your cars can go straight onto Schenley (that
assumes you played well at Beaver) check the car lists out for Schenley
(they are up on the PVGP site) MKII jag, E Type Tiger all there! And it is
the 50th for the E type. So come on out. To get the best deals enter now! We
offer full refunds if you find you cannot make it

Ralph Steinberg

PVGP Director of Competition BeaveRun

(and I happen to race one of those prissy cars - XK120 though prissy is not
the words that come to mind when I try to get that lead sled around the
streets at Schenley)
Vintage-race@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47