[Vintage-race] Info and possible value of a GT1 1975 Camaro

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: [Vintage-race] Info and possible value of a GT1 1975 Camaro
From: Greg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:27:26 -0500
A friend has a Camaro that he purchased many years ago in the Chicago
area.  It has been an active C Prepared and E Modified Autocross car
since then.  He is considering a full tube frame car, and is trying
to obtain information and possible value on his current car.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Greg Scharnberg
82 Ralt RT5

Pictures:  http://showcase.netins.net/web/samandgreg/LogbookPhoto1.jpg
                  http://showcase.netins.net/web/samandgreg/LogbookPhoto2.jpg

"It's a 1975 Camaro, according to VIN and title.  The bodywork is a
1981 Camaro.

The nose, front fenders, doors, rear bumper cover, trunk lid, and
rear spoiler is made from fiberglass.

SCCA Log Book
ID number 20-415
Chevrolet Camaro
Construction Unibody w/subframe
It looks like it was number 43 and 47 over the years.
Color Red
Driver Robert Hovorka from Lake Villa, IL
Log book issue date 5/13/1983
Last entry 9/30/1988
Also have Midwestern Council of S.C.C Logbook.

Most races logged at Road America and Blackhawk Farms.

When I got the car the doors had Trans-AM, IMSA and Kelly American
Challenge decals on it.  But no entries in the logbook to document it.

When I got the car it was a Chevy Camaro with some bolt in stuff, Dick
Guldstrand weld in cage, Fia Spec leaf springs, offset bushings in the
upper control arms, Koni Yellow double adjustable shocks, BBS 15" wheels
(gold snowflake), M22 transmission, 12 bolt rear end."